Chapter Ten?

AN: I do not own The Dumping Ground, or any of the characters, except for Kate. Thanks for reading.

Kate's Pov

I sat in silence as Tyler wheeled me back to the Dumping Ground. She was here, she knew where I was, and now there was no escape for me, what the hell was I going to do? She was sure to find me, I needed to escape, but yet I was in a wheelchair, and although I had survived for years in the apartment alone, I wouldn't be able to manage it with no money.

" Kate? What happened to Kate?" A voice rang through, vaguely familiar, but lost in my own thoughts, I ignored it. I needed to get on with my how I was going to live my life now that I had to leave as my Mum knew where I was.

" Tyler what happened?"

Tyler's Pov

" Tyler what happened?" Mike asked.

" Well, we were at the shopping centre, we in the food part, and her Mum found her."

" Oh no." Mike muttered.

" She started hitting her, and Kate just froze, and a woman came over to stop Kate's Mum, then I ran over, and then the police were called, and Kate's Mum fled."

" Right, and what did Kate say since then?"

" Nothing, she hasn't said anything. She has barely even blinked."

" What can we do?" Rick asked storming in, proving he had been listening to the whole conversation.

" To be honest, Kate is a sensitive case. There have been many many horrors in her life, and sometimes dealing with them can make others uncomfortable. However, it is making Kate more uncomfortable than anyone else."

" So how do we deal with it?"

" We give it time, okay."

" Right." Rick agreed.

Rick wheeled Kate out, and he helped her upstairs in her chair. She was quiet, and I had a feeling neither of them would be down that night for tea.

Rick's Pov

I helped Kate upstairs, and she just rested when we got there. I sat on the edge of her bed, watching her lay there peacefully. The thing I had learnt about Kate, was that it was better to give her time to think, rather than forcing her to talk, and I abided by this.

" Kate, when you are ready to talk, just start." I told her.

She didn't say anything,and I just sat there. She would talk eventually, and I was going to be there when she got out of it.

" Rick?" She asked quitely after.

" What's up Kate?"

" I'm sorry."

" No. You did nothing wrong."

" I must have done. How else would I have made her hate me that much?"

" She is bitter. You did nothing wrong."

" No. That can't be right. I must have..."

" No Kate."

I wrapped my arms around her, and she tensed. However moments later she relaxed. She gripped my t-shirt in her hands as I held onto her.

" It's okay to cry Kate." I whispered.

She did. She let it go. The tears cascaded down her face, and she choked, gasping.

" It's okay." I whispered.

I awoke later, to bright light streaming through a gap in the curtains, and I was snuggled up with Kate. Our shoes which had been on earlier had been taken off, and were perched on the floor. Kate looked peaceful in sleep. She was at peace. I just watched, not in a creepy way, merely intrigued by people who were different when they were asleep.

" Mm Rick?" She asked confused, waking up.

" We must have fallen asleep."

" Oh."

" Do you want to hang out today?"

" Doing what?"

" We could go to the park?"

" I don't know. Will Mike let me?"

" That's a good point. How about we do some decorating. You bought a lot of new posters for your room, right?"

" Yeah. Sherlock, Divergent, Adventure Time and things like that."

" Right, so I can help you do them. We can go on our laptops and things. Do you have a twitter?"

" No. Not yet."

" Well I can make you one."

" That would be great." She said eyes glinting.

" Great. That's what we will do then."