Kate's story the dumping ground

Kate's Pov

They dragged me. I struggled, I had no idea where they were taking me. I didn't want to leave. What if Mum came back, and I wasn't there? She needed me! I needed to help her cook. Millie had left years ago, she no longer came and saw me. I needed to talk to someone, but at school I couldn't tell anyone. I knew they would take me away. I couldn't let that happen.

" Come on Kate." The woman said as she led me into my room. 

I scowled at her.

" Collect the bare minimum of things."

I looked around my room, taking down my Harry Potter posters, my books, the rest of my Harry Potter shrine and my teddy bear Sarah. I collected my laptop and my phone and also slipped them into my bag and collected my pair of jeans and my few t-shirts, my trainers, and my hair and tooth brush and a few sticks of deodrant.

" Is that it?"

I nodded, not showing any emotion. It wouldn't be long, I knew I would be able to go home soon. I had no idea where she was taking me, but I knew she was from the social, and that was enough to tell me that she believed I couldn't cope by myself. I was doing fine though, really. I had my things that I needed, and a microwave where I could cook meals, what else would I need?

She led me from the flat and into a red car sat by the curb, and I didn't say anything. She started the engine, and we drove away, and I stared back at the flat before we disappeared around the corner. She continued driving, and I drifted out. I drifted out and when I felt a tap on my shoulder, and I realised that we were there.

She passed me my bags, and led me into a massive house, and I stared up at it. It was massive, and I could hear some slight noise coming from inside, and I froze. She turned to make sure I was following, and she led me into the house. 

" Who's that?" Was the first sound that reached my ears.

I turned to look at them slightly, keeping a clear expression. The woman ignored them, and led me into a small office. There were two people sat in there, and the man came over to me and shook my hand.

" Mike Milligan." He introduced me.

I didn't reply.

" This is Kate Patter."  The woman introduced me.

" Well, Kate, it is nice to meet you, you shall be having your own room,"

I nodded my understanding.

" Right, I will lead you to your room."

I nodded.

" Wait, Kate I brought some things from your Mum's room. Photos." She said.

I nodded my gratitude. I knew I wasn't going to be here long, surely. I just had to wait for my Mum to arrive home, and then I would be easily able to go home.

" Kate, we have some paint, and we want to paint your room, what colour do you want it?" Mike asked.

" But, I'm not staying."

" Kate, your Mum has been told she is not able to look after you, not fit enough, you can't stay with her, you'll be staying with us here."

" Blue." I said simply.

" Okay, I will help you paint it soon."

" Thank you."

He led me upstairs, and into a room at the end of the corridor. There was some bedding on the bed, and it was blue, which made me slightly happier. I sat down on the bed, and he sat down next to me.