Chapter Two

Kate's Pov

The next day they made me come downstairs. First of all they wanted to formally introduce me to everyone, as well as let me get to know people. I wasn't looking forward to it, I didn't want anyone to know anything about me. It would lead to hurt. 

When I woke up, I got dressed and went downstairs, noticing the time to be nine o'clock, and everyone was in the kitchen. I walked in, and they all turned to look at me, and I shrunk down slightly, walking with my head facing down.

" Everyone this is Kate Baker." Mike said.

" Patter." I told him.

" Pardon?" Someone asked.

" It's Kate Patter."

"  I apologise." Mike said.

I nodded, moving to sit down in the chair he motioned for me to sit in. I didn't know who I was next to, and I stumbled as I moved, and Mike caught me.

" You okay Kate?" He asked.

" I can't see." I whispered slightly.

" Pardon?"

" I don't have my glasses. I need them to see."

" Oh. Where are they?" 

" The social worker never let me pick them up. She didn't give me enough time." I whispered embarassed, as I realised everyone was looking at me.

" Right, I will ring her, and see if she can bring them over. Where will they be?"

" The bathroom."

" All right." He said walking off into a room, which I assumed was his office.

" Well we might as well introduce ourselves right? And get to know each other?" A woman who I assumed to be another sort of social worker said.

" Okay." Everyone said sitting down at the table.

" Okay Elektra you start."

" Well, hi, I am Elektra. I like Snakes and I love wearing electric blue."

" I'm Rick, I love eighties music."

" I'm Tyler, and I like jokes and pranks."

" I'm Floss and I like shiny things."

" I'm Harry, and I like wild animals."

" I'm Faith, I like running."

" I'm Frank and I like football."

" I'm Bailey and I like football."

" I'm Jodie, and I like football, and playing pranks."

" I'm Tee, and I like hanging out with my friends."

" I'm Johnny, I like games."

" Now you Kate." The social worker woman said.

" I'm Kate, I like Harry Potter, Danisnotonfire, AmazingPhil and Percy Jackson?"

" Who?" Johnny said.

" Dan and Phil are youtubers and radio djs." I told them.

" Oh." 

" Am I able to go back upstairs?" I asked quitely.

" Do you not want to talk some more?" Rick asked.

" I need to rest my eyes. They are killing."

" Can you take Kate upstairs please Carmen."

We walked from the room, Carmen following behind me slightly, and she grabbed my arm, and I flinched back violently. She held her hands up shocked, as I ran away from her down the corridor, stumbling slightly.