2. Chapter 1 - Coming Out

Liam's POV

Sitting down on the bench in the park with my four best friends was peaceful. That was until Jason and Tim walked by and sat down on the next nearest bench to us. Jason and Tim are the two local homosexuals. I don't have a problem with them, neither does my best friend Niall.

They're nice, friendly and always helpful. They only have eyes for each other.

The peace I mentioned before was soon interrupted by one of my friends, Louis, yelling out 'Faggots!' when Jason and Tim walked past. That rude outburst then got cheers from two of my other friends Zayn and Harry while Niall just sat there like me, in silence, shooting apologetic looks at Jason and Tim.

You see Louis, Zayn and Harry are homophobes. They don't have a serious problem with me or Niall not being homophobic but they're slightly offended. They only have a serious problem with homosexuals.

"Louis, I know you don't like them 'cause they're gay but you don't have to say something rude everytime you see them," I sighed. I wish they'd get over their hate for homosexuals.

"Yes, I do. It's unnatural and gross," Louis stated shuddering.

"No, you don't," Niall shouted standing up abruptly. "They are nice people. They haven't done anything to you! They love each other. It shouldn't matter if two guys or even two girls are together. If they love each other none of this should matter!" he yelled as he stormed off with his hands in his pockets.

I sighed again. This was the third time this week this arguement has happened.

"I'd better go calm him down," I sighed yet again, standing up and running after Niall leaving my three friends, slightly shocked, on the park bench.

-x-

"Niall!" I yelled. "Niall! Stop!"

"Why Liam!? Why!?" he yelled back, turning around to face me. stopping in his tracks. "This is the fucking third time this week!"

"I know. I know," I replied short of breath, now standing in front of him.

"I know you do, it's just so...frustrating to think that Louis, Zayn and Harry are abusing Jason and Tim and other gays' on a daily basis. Homosexuals shouldn't be discriminated just because they like someone of the same sex. If they love each other no one should stop them," Niall said calming down slightly.

"I know Nialler," I replied softly, placing my hands on his shoulders, not knowing what else to say.

"Liam, I'm just so sick of it," Niall whined, tears starting to form in his eyes.

"Niall it'll be-" I started before Niall cut me off.

"No it won't Liam! It won't be 'alright'! Our best friends are homophobes and everyday we sit there and listen to them hate on gay people! It's not right! It'd be like homosexuals discriminating straight people. Maybe they do. I'm not going to put up with them anymore. If Louis, Zayn and Harry don't stop abusing the gays' then I'm just going to leave. I don't see how you can sit there and not say anything while innocent people are being emotionally scarred!" Niall shouted pushing my hands off his shoulders and wiping his leaking eyes with the back of his sleeve.

"Niall? Why are you taking this so personally? I know you want to stick up for homosexuals and everything but-"

"Because Liam... I think... I might be ... gay..." Niall stammered.

"Oh," was all I could say.

-x-

"How long since you first thought you were gay?" I asked the Irishman who was sitting down on the grass in front of me.