The Beggining

My story, my life, my love, my hate, my survival. I'll tell you what I remember... when I was young... who I met... what changed from the normal world.

When I was 7 I lived in a very small town called Aikoshima in the northern wilderness of Japan. There were only 16 children in the village and a population 83. My neighbor, my only friend and I ran around in her front yard kicking a small ball when her mother started screaming.

"SCREEEEECH!!!! GET AWAY GET AWAY!!" The sound of a woman was loud and clear as she came barreling out of the small house. She was tall with scarlet hair that reached to the lower part of her back, her eyes were emerald colored and watery. Clearly another beating from my friends Father, her clothes were tattered and her face and arms were badly bruised with fresh blood pouring from a fresh gash above her brow. Behind my friends Mother came a very drunk man, tall with dark red hair and a large unkept goatee. His eyes shown dim green and partly cloudy from the alcohol. Her Mother stumbled past us as we stood aside and averted our eyes fearing we get beat too. Her Father scrambled past and started hollering gibberish and threats.

"S s Sibrena... can we go to my place? My Ma is the only one home. Pops is gone for a while... said he was on another business meeting in Africa"

"Please... Alec, he'll kill me... I know he will... can we run away? Far from here... this terrible place!" Sibrena whimpers and starts to cry.

"Come over, Ma is decent enough. You know she wouldn't hurt me or you."

With that I splayed out my hand and Sibrena took it eagerly looking for warmth and assurance. We walked over to another small house across the street that was mine. We walked in with a greeting from Ma singing in the kitchen.

"Oh I got another filthy one! No more said cause he's dead and 6 feet down," she heard the door and let out a small yelp, "we are leaving you and I, Alec. We are gonna leave to the states. Start another spree there!!!" Ma let out a giggle that turned into a laugh, we heard her fall to the floor into an uncontrollable laughter.

"Ma, Sibrena is with me. She's gonna stay with us for a while now." I stammered.

"HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA OKEY DOKEY!!! THE LOOK ON HIS FACE WAS SO DELICIOUS!!!"

We walked down the hall to my room were I rolled out another mat for Sibrena, right next to mine. She was 1 year younger than me but when we were 5 we betrothed vows and it still stands strong.