Chapter 5.

Ellie's POV.

Colby. The only thing, well person, that has been on my mind is Colby. He came to The Galaxy on Saturday looking like hell. I've never seen him like that before.

The other thing that's bothering me is that I actually care. Why do I care? I've disliked him since eighth grade, I shouldn't be thinking about him.

4 YEARS AGO

I'm sitting at the tree in the middle of the courtyard at school. Colby told me he needed to talk to me, so I suggested our favorite spot.

I see Colby walking over, so I stand up and go in for a hug. Colby dodged it. That's weird. He always hugs me when he sees me.

"What's up Colby?" I asked confused.

"Um... I needed to talk to you about something," he said.

"Well I kinda understand that. What about?" I said chuckling.

"Okay, so lately, I've been getting a lot of attention by lots of people. You haven't," he states.

I furrow my eyebrows in confusion.

"Basically, I'm saying I don't want to be friends with you anymore. Neither do the guys. Corey was a little hesitant, but he agreed in the end. We think being friends with you is going to affect the attention we're getting. Girls are going to think you have a thing for us. They're not going to want to date us," he explains.

I'm shocked. Colby has never been one to let attention get to him.

"So, what you're telling me is that you want to throw away so many years worth of friendship because you want to be popular? Wow, that's low Colby. You start playing a couple sports and you're all of a sudden so popular. You want to stop being friends with me because you want a girlfriend? You can't be serious," I'm furious now.

"I'm very serious," he said with a smirk. I want to slap it right off his face.

"You're a douchebag Colby Brock. Have a nice life. You know what? No. I hope everything goes to hell for you," I said. Tears were threatening to fall.

"Thanks. Likewise," he said with a wink as he walked away.

I put back against the tree trunk and slide down. I put my face in my knees and hug them close to my body and cry.

I just lost four of my best friends. I can't believe they were willing to throw away our friendship over popularity.

"Hi, I'm Alyssa," I heard as someone sat down next to me.

"I'm sorry to bother you, but you look like you could use a friend," Alyssa said.

"Thank you so much. I'm Ellie," I smiled.

PRESENT TIME

I'm walking to my locker at the moment. Can you guess who I'm thinking about? Who am I kidding? You don't have to guess. You know.

I felt a tap on my shoulder. I turned around expecting it to be one of the girls. Instead, I'm face to face with Colby.

"I'm sorry," he said.

I scrunched my eyebrows together,"You already apologized. I mean, I guess I forgive you."

"No. I mean for everything I've done," he said.

"Um, okay?" I'm very confused right now.

"I am truly sorry. I know this isn't like me, but I've been doing a lot of thinking. What I did to you four years ago was very wrong. I shouldn't have done all those things," he says.