Chapter 9.

Colby's POV.

After listening to the teacher explain the project and working for a little while with Ellie, the bell finally rang.

"Hey, I'll catch up with you later. I'm going to talk to Veronica about something," I tell Ellie, in hopes that she'd understand.

"Yeah okay, I'll see you later Colby. I'm going to text you, we need to work on the project outside of school," she replies with her bright smile that has the ability to light up the whole room.

I nod and smile at her, then rush out of the class to find Veronica. I see her fixing her hair in front of the mirror she has inside of her locker.

Here we go.

"Veronica," I say, my voice hard.

"Hey babe," she replies going in for a kiss. I dodge her by grabbing her arms and pushing her slightly away from me.

"We need to talk. Let's go sit on the bench outside," I tell her.

"Okay," She says in a confuse tone.

As we're walking, Veronica tries to grab hold of my hand. I pull away subtly. How the hell is she not getting the hint that I don't want to be touchy?

We get to the bench and sit. She looks at me full of lust and I just ignore it because I'm not having it anymore.

"Veronica I don't think this is working out," I start.

"What?" She asks moving slightly away from me.

"I think we need to break up. You only ever want to have sex and you're so mean to everyone around you. You don't give a shit about anyone but yourself and I'm tired of it. So that's it, we're over," I say relieved. It felt good to say that.

"This is about Ellie isn't it? I knew that bitch was going to come between us," she says standing up looking as if she's ready to punch anyone that gets in her way.

"This has nothing to do with her, keep her out of this." I lie.

"This is between you and I. We're done. I have to go, see you around," I tell her with a nod.

"You're going to regret breaking up with me, Colby Brock!" She yells at me. Her face almost looks red because of how mad she is.

"Actually, I don't think I am," I say getting up to walk away.

•••

Ellie's POV.

It's around 7:45 and my shift is finally almost over.

I'm cleaning the countertops when I hear my phone ding, indicating that I received a text message.

From: Colby 🐨
What time is a good time to go over?

Oh crap. I totally forgot about the stupid project.

To: Colby 🐨
I get out of work at 8:00, so if you could be at my house at around 8:10 that'd be great. :)

To: Colby 🐨
You still remember where I live right?