On the whiskey!

*Luna's Prov*

Aroara seriously needs help. She was in the Navy for ten years and hasn't had so much as a one night stand since she was 17. Not to mention she ordered Whiskey before one.

After waiting at the bar for our drinks, since I had to demand them, a guy walks over and tried to make a conversation work. I did my best to ignore him but it wasn't working, I had a better idea.

"Look, I know what you're trying to do but I'm married and have two kids. My friend on the other hand is single." I look at him finally, he is soo Aroara's type. While I wait for his response our drinks finally come.

"So where is this friend?" The mystery man asks smoothly, perfectly Aroara's dream guy.

"She had to wait outside considering she refused to wear a shirt today." I state plainly as I get up and make my way back to her.

*Ashleys prov*

The blondie at the bar was gorgeous and carried herself well but I'm glad she shut me up when she did and told me about her friend. I find it hard not to laugh when I'm told she refused to wear a shirt, just like me when Black veil brides was first starting out. I knew the blondie was carrying a glass of whiskey but she seemed bothered by it.

*Aroara's prov*

"Luna, do you think I should...." I get silenced by the sight of who was following her over to me. She must be magic, goes in with nothing but comes out when my drink and Ashley freaking Purdy.

"Aroara, are you okay?" Luna looks genuinely scared.

"I'm not even on the whiskey yet!!!!" I cry out despite myself. Immediately I clamp my hand over my mouth. Ashley looks taken aback. "I'm so sorry" My words stumble out like marbles in a bag.

Ashley starts cracking up, takes the whiskey from Luna, and sits down with us.

"I don't think she should be drinking this." Ashley declares as he starts sipping away at my drink. I must have made a pouty face cause Luna kicks me under the table and Ashley chuckles.

Luna looks at me over her omelette and starts making small talk. I finally break free from the silence spell that was over me, when Luna starts telling Ashley embarrassing parts of my past and how I'm basically nocturnal.

"She hasn't been with a guy in any sort of way for thirteen years." Luna pointed out calmly.

"Luunnnnaaaaa!!!!" I whine causing them both to laugh. My face is hot and probably bright red.

"How long have you been a fan, Aroara?" Ashley asks calmly. How did he know?? Am I that obvious?? He starts pointing at my arm when I don't respond. Right I have the bat-winged Black veil brides logo in my sleeve.

"Oh! I first heard you guys in 2012." He looked at me expecting more. "I joined the BVB army unofficially in 2013 and started being a paying member in 2018." They were both looking at me funny now.

"Aroara Gemma Walden, what are you not telling me?" Luna never used my full name unless I was doing something foolish, lucky for me her phone started ringing before I could say anything and she had to step away.

"Alright, what is it?" Ashley demands. "It's your age isn't it?"

" It's scary how quick you caught on to that..." I lamely point out. I was not willing to admit anything yet.

Luna came back looking pissed, hopefully not at me. "I have to go, my eldest is on the verge of being expelled." She grabbed her purse and rushed off without another word.

"Well, you still haven't answered me yet." Ashley starts scowling. I didn't want to upset him and with Luna gone I might be safe from losing my head.

"I was twelve in 2012, it's a sixteen year age gap but it doesn't bother me and you probably think I'm weird now." I blurt it out while tears threaten me.

Ashley went silent for awhile before ordering more whiskey. I looked up at him, he looked surprised but kept his cool. I, on the other hand started to cry. In moments I feel his arm around me and whiskey put in my hand.

"Please don't cry, I don't think you're weird you just surprised me. His voice is calm and husky as he practically whispers to me.

"How in the world do you not think I'm weird? You're old enough to be my dad and I've liked you in the other way since I was seventeen!" I whisper back as quietly as I could without really thinking.

"Okay it's a little weird, but we're both adults here and it's not like we're meeting when you're seventeen and I'm thirty three." He said it so blatantly that I felt better about it.

We finished our drinks but neither of us looked ready to go our separate ways. Eventually I stood up and asked if he was willing to walk and talk. He got up and followed me down the beach till we reached a more secluded area.

"So why have you been alone for twelve years? Please tell me you weren't waiting for me!" he tried laughing about the second question so I wouldn't be as uncomfortable.

"I just about gave up on the idea of love." I felt like crap saying it but I didn't know why. " I mean I love black veil brides and I love my family but the thought of anyone loving me back was like a myth." I felt like I was making it worse so I just said what came into my head. " Ashley I know you've always been considered the lady's man but I'm not up for a one night stand or just a summer time fuck." I had to look away.

Ashley had stopped walking so I stopped too, I still couldn't look at him.

"What if I told you I want to settle down and start a family?" Ashley's voice was uneven now and it was obvious he was being serious because he couldn't look at me either. His face was red and his head was down.

"Well I suppose there's only one way to find out if you're telling me the truth." We made eye contact this time.

*Ashley's Prov*

She was absolutely adorable at the bar all flustered. she suggested we walk and talk but I was distracted by the way the sun glowed of her skin. But when I asked a stupid question she got serious and it was my turn to be flustered. 

I didn't think she'd stay out with me when the sun started to set but she did. She looked kinda silly walking around in just a bikini top after the sun went down so I put my jacket on her, she looked ecstatic.

It was really getting late now and I still didn't feel like leaving her alone but we were both drinking. When she asked me to come home with her I was floored but happy.

It was agony waiting for her to lock the apartment door and walk me to the bedroom. I almost couldn't wait for her to shut the door.