Chapter 2

Heather's POV

I ran into the bathroom and began crying my eyes out. Moaning myrtle stayed away. Even the freakin' ghosts didn't like me! I cried until dinner and I decided to go to the great hall. People laughed as I entered and I saw Malfoy showing the picture around. He made me so mad!! I just blew it off and sat alone at the end of the slytherin table. Dumbledore stood up to make an announcement and the hall got silent.
"We have a new student today!" he bellowed. "her name is Brianna and she will be sorted this evening!"
Hmm interesting. I looked up to see a slim blonde girl who looked shy. She sat down and the hat was placed on her head.
"Hmmm interesting....you have the heart of a gryffindor but the brains of a hufflepuff......GRYFFINDOR!" it yelled. No one really clapped and she shyly went to her table. Everyone was ignoring her so I decided maybe I could befriend her. I walked over slowly and she kept her head down.
"Brianna?" I asked quietly. she peaked up. "I'm heather. it's nice to meet you."
"Nice to meet you too" she smiled slightly.
"May I see your schedule? maybe we have some classes together, knowing someone makes it much easier." I said. I looked over her schedule and we had potions, charms, d.a.d.a., and history of magic together.
"I'll see you around," she said before I left. I waved and went back to my room.
"Mudblood" I said to the portrait while rolling my eyes. The door swung open and my picture was plastered everywhere.
"Do you not know that the shrieking shack is forbidden?" snape asked from behind me making me jump.
"I was forced, sir" I mumbled.
"I wish you were in another house so I could deduct points" he growled before walking away. I hate my pathetic life. My parents are so happy all the time and then they have me. their depressed daughter who can't make friends.. well maybe I did today. we will see.