Chapter 3: Coffee Dates

~Renee's P.O.V~
It's been almost a week since I've seen Dean, and I'm beginning to get a little bit concerned.

I saw Roman walk into the catering services room, and walked up to him.

"Roman, where's Dean?" He didn't answer. I watched his face turn really red. He looked at me, then looked back at the floor.

I decided to take it up a notch.

"Joe, where's Jon?" Roman's eyes widened. No one ever called Roman by his real name, (Besides his wife of course), and it seemed to make him more nervous.

"Follow me." Roman mouthed.

Roman took me into the Shield locker room. He motioned me to come forward.

Suddenly, you could hear the sound of someone puking their brains out.

"Oh, so that's where Dean is." I said.

"Yep." Roman smirked.

"Is that Renee?" Dean asked.

"Um, yeah, hi Jon." I said awkwardly.

"Roman! Get her out of here!" Dean yelled.

"Come on, man, she wanted to see you!" Roman yelled back.

"NO!" Dean yelled loudly. "Get her out of here!"

"I'll just go." I whispered.

"Sorry." Roman said apologetically.

"It's okay." I replied.

I walked out with tears in my eyes.

Why am I crying over a guy who I barely know? I asked myself.

==2 Weeks Later==

~Renee's P.O.V~
Dean had been really distant for the past two weeks. And I hated it. He barely talked to me.

I walked up to him at catering.

"Hey, are you okay?" I asked.

"Yeah. Fine." Dean said sternly.

"Jon, you aren't fine." I said.

"Stop calling me that!" He exclaimed.

"Well, what do you want me to call you?" I asked.

"Dean, okay? Dean!" Dean seemed to be getting irritated.

"What is your problem?!" I asked loudly.

"Nothing. Just- Just go." Dean said.

"No! I'm not going to go until you tell me what's wrong." I was getting irritated as well.

~Dean's P.O.V~
Great. I'm in a room with an angry Canadian woman. You never want to be in that position.

"Look, nothing's wrong." I tried to say as calmly as possible.

"Dean, please, please tell me why you won't talk to me." I could hear the desperation in Renee's voice.

"God, you're a pain in the ass." I groaned.

"I love you, okay?!" Renee exclaimed. "Please just let me in, I promise I won't hurt you!"

My heart skipped a beat. She- she loves me?

My hands started shaking slightly.

"I am not someone who is loved. I'm an idea." I said, unable to look at Renee. (Author's note: All the Suicide Squad fans will get this one)

"What is that even supposed to mean?!" Renee asked with anger in her voice.

"I don't know! I just- you wouldn't get it." I told her. She wouldn't understand why no one could ever love me. Ever.

"Please, Dean. Let me in, I won't hurt you." She begged.

I brought her into the Shield locker room. I knew no one would be in there.

"Look, all my life, no one has loved me. Not my dad, not my mom, no one." I explained.

~Renee's P.O.V~
I looked at Dean with sympathy.

"Why hasn't anyone loved you?" I asked. He seemed like a genuine, lovable person.

"I- I don't know." Dean looked at me, his eyes beginning to turn red. Was he crying?

"I tried so hard to be lovable, I tried so hard to impress everyone. No one loved me. Not my dad, he went to prison. Not my mom, she was a hooker who liked women and booze. Not my sister, as soon as we were old enough to move out, she left me. No one was there." Dean said, his voice slightly breaking.

I looked into Dean's eyes. I could see that scared little boy Dean used to be. He never got closure. Deep down, Dean was still that confused and scared child.

"Dean, I'm here." I said. "I won't leave. I promise. As long as you're here, so am I."

"You promise?" Dean said, his nose red.

"Yeah, I promise." I said, taking my finger and booping it on his nose.

Hey, everyone! So, I was actually crying while writing this because I read a beautiful fanfiction called "Shattered Glass" and it's AmbReigns, and the writer hasn't updated in a while and I'm sad. But, I hope you all enjoy this chapter!💕