Chapter 1

Chapter 1- Li's Roller Coaster Kiss

Li ran around the giant machines that were throwing people around. Li, short for Lizzie Peters, has boyfriend named Eaton Harris.

Eaton is like a brother to me, Rai Jonson. Actually he almost was. His sister and my brother, Kyle, got serious. But since Kyle is, well, Kyle, that didn't last longer than three months.

Even though Li is one of the sweetest people I know, She hasn't been entirely loyal to Eaton. In fact, no one is entirely sure why their together. She likes him but not as much or as loyally as he likes her. She has absolutely no problem flirting with other guys, sometimes in front of Eaton.

But usually it doesn't go farther than flirting.... usually...

"Rai! I want to ride that," Li pointed at a ferris wheel, " No that!" She then pointed at a a Genie.

Currently Li, Oki, my best friend, and I where walking around our county fair trying to find the best rides.

"No that!" Then she pointed at a crazy contraption called - and I'm not joking- Barf-a-nator!

"No!" Oki and I yelled at the same time.

I love Li but she doesn't know her limits and is by far the queasiest person I know.

"How about we ride the dragon? It has enough thrill but not enough to give you sickness." I suggested.

"I'm down." said Oki.

"Fine," Li agreed dejectedly.

When we hopped on, by habit, Oki and I slid in the same seat. We realized it was a two-person cart, and I quickly got out and said,"You can sit here."

She laughed ,"No you sit. I'll find another seat plus I don't like the front any way."

"Hey she can sit next to me."

We turned to the sound of a deep voice.

Some guy our age had gotten out of his cart, which was behind ours.

He was taller than me and had piercing blue eyes. Probably about 6,2" and he had thick brown hair that was shaggy around his eyes and went down to his ears. He was built lean, but toned.

"Hi," He smiled at me and Li," I'm Nicholas."

"See look Rai! I'll ride with this young chap and it'll be fine!"

I sighed and sat next to Oki. The ride was fun. I screamed as usual. Oki slapped me as usual. Then we screamed together!

The ride went up really slowly.

The we went down really really fast.

We went upside down and the into a coil!

It was all fun until the ride was over.

Me, being me, screamed my lungs out when it stopped. Everyone stared at me.

"What I don't like it when it lurches at the end!" I yelled.

"Rai! Keep it together!" Oki yelled at me then slapped me.

Everyone stared and got off the ride. Oki and I laughed, but I stopped when I couldn't find Li.

I turned only to Oki bump into me.

"What the heck-" she started but I pushed pass her.

There was Li sucking face with someone who was definitely not her boyfriend.

"Holy shizzle," Oki said avoiding cussing around the ten year olds who where passing by us.

We stormed right up to her. I tapped her on her shoulder and as soon as she moved slapped the piece of carnival trash she was kissing who just so happened to be Nicholas.

I pulled Li away as Oki went ballistic on Nicholas's butt. The girl is pretty strong, but she also has two older brothers, one older sis, and a set of younger twins. So, she definitely knows how to fight.

She was kicking and punching him right and left.

I stayed out of the fight until his friends came and regrouped around them.

One tall dark figure with spiky hair pulled Oki off Nicholas and slapped her and shoved her to the ground.

Oh no he didn't. I stormed right over to him and tapped on his shoulder.

He had dark brown eyes and naturally tanned skin. He was wearing a red t-shirt under a leather jacket and ripped dark wash jeans. He wore grey old converses.

"What?" he asked as he turned to me. I shoved my fist in his nose and knee in his crotch. He winced and fell groaning.

I walked up to Nicholas who was being supported by one of his friends.

I grabbed his shirt pulling him to my eye level.

"Listen here and listen good. If you ever touch Li again, I swear to god, her boyfriend and I will end your life."

"Umm. You forget me! The Oki!" Oki exclaimed smirking after she got up.

"Oh yeah," I smirked. "The Oki will whip your butt again."

"Whoo-hoo!" Oki cheered smirking.

"Rai, let's just leave." whispered Li from the sidelines, and I had almost forgot why I was in this situation.

"Fine. Let's go Oki." With that, we stormed off dragging Li with us. I overheard the Nicholas say,"Zachary, that chick whooped your sorry ass."

"Should you really be talking when that Oki chick almost put you in a hospital you. Your welcome by the way."

"She wasn't winning-"

"Yes. Yes, she was." I smirked the rest of the way to the food bar.

"Li what was that?" I turned finally releasing her wrist.

"I don't know I guess I got carried away. I'm really sorry, Rai!"

"Yeah well me too. I've supported you and Eaton. I understand that you don't love him, but I thought you were better than that."

I started away. When Li grabbed my shoulder, I spun around and shrugged her hand off.

"PLEASE don't tell Eaton! It won't happen again. I swear!" She wailed as she brought out the water works.

I sighed and looked over at Oki, who shrugged then nodded.

"Fine, but if he finds out, I won't deny it. Plus, if you ever pull a stunt like this, I wont hesitate to tell him. He is just as much my friend if not more."

"Thank you! Thank you!" she said as if all she heard was fine. She enveloped me in a hug and I gave her a quick squeeze.

But, I could help but feel horribly guilty.