Chapter 6

Chapter 6-Stay outta my way, Woman!

"I'm so scared." muttered Eaton. Our group turned and stared at him.

"What?" his voice cracked.

We all cracked up. I leaned back and tried to forget what had just happened. I began to feel my hands shaking with nerves. A hand covered mine. Then an arm flung around my shoulder and pulled me to someone's side. I looked up to find Nicholas staring down at me. He nodded then absentmindedly played with my hands.

I sighed and leaned into him. I began to watch the movie. Suddenly I heard a squeal. I turned and saw Christofer with some brunette cuddled into his arm.

I started to giggle. He's over me! Finally, He's over me!

All a sudden some ones grip tightened on my shoulder, I turned to Nicholas.

He mouthed 'What the heck?'

I whispered, "You see that girl with Christofer, She has saved my life! He's moving on!" I squealed at the end.

He faked a girly smile. "Omahgerd really?" he squealed.

I slapped his arm. He smirked. I turned back to the screen just to see some lady getting hang herself.

I yelped and hid in his shoulder. I slapped him. He held his arm and pulled away.

"What the heck?" He asked trying not to smile.

"I could feel you smirking, and it was bothering me."

"Oh I'm so sorry. Next time I'll ask you before I smile."

"Good."

I started watching again only to see this chick shoot this guy and screamed again but accidentally banged my head against the truck. I groaned rubbing my head.
"Permission to smirk?" he asked.

"Denied."

"Over ruled." he said then I stared at him blankly watching him grin down at me.

Five minutes later, the movie ended.

I got up and stretched during the brief intermission. I walked over to the new chick who was with Christofer.

"Hey I'm Rai!" I said offering her my fist. "I don't do handshakes."

"Nice to meet you, I'm Jess." She said but didn't fist bump. Awkward! So I stared at her than at my fist. Then slowly transitioned my fist to Zachary.

He fist bumped right away. I grinned then turned back to Jess. I heard Christofer mumble something about going to get her a grape Fanta zero.

I was about to yell at her for getting a diet and ruining the Fanta-y taste when she started talking.

"Hey can we talk over there?" she asked and pointed to a spot I had been in earlier. I shrugged, and the shot a glance at the truck next to us.

All of our 'new' friends were sitting with girls of their own and focusing on the intermission show.

"Sure," I smiled. When we walked over there, She suddenly wasn't sweet and innocent anymore.

"Listen up, Bitch-" she started. I took one large step back.

"You are going to stay out of my way. Christofer is mine. I've seen you around school with him. Well, spoiler alert, he will never be yours. I WILL CHOP OF YOUR HEAD, WOMAN! Okay? Or did your brain take a mental lapse?"

"Um okay?" I said but it sounded like a question.

"Good. Now let's keep this between you and me." She said before skipping back to the truck leaving me in shock.

Suddenly laughter filled my ears. I turned around to see Zachary laughing so hard his face was turning red.

"You should see your face," he barely got out.

"At least, I'm not the shade of a tomato." I retorted.

"Nope, just one shocked looking Cherry." He said nudging my shoulder.

I laughed.

"But don't worry I'm sure you could take her. Maybe."

"Thank- wait maybe?"

"Well you maybe faster but she looks stronger."

"Um I have the height advantage."

He gave me a blank stare. "Oh yeah a good 2.5 in. Let's see you use that to your advantage."

"Whatever, Sassafras! I know I also have the brain advantage."

"Ok why your outsmarting her, I'll watch her rip your arm off."

That's it! I turned to take one swift kick and knock him off his feet when...

"What's goin on over here? Rai you look like a cherry," stated Eaton who trotted over to us.

"Ugh, No, I don't! Your just as pale as a floured tortia." That only made him laugh.

"Whatever oh, redfaced one."

"Indeed, Paleface."

"What the hell happened? Is it thanksgiving already?" asked Zachary whopping both of us on our heads simultaneously.

"I actually came over here to tell y'all TWO MINUTES TILL! But got distracted by her strawberry-ness." claimed Eaton, who then turned to get a refill on his drink.

"Oh, but don't worry, I'm sure by some miracle you could take Jess down." Zachary assured me.

Okay this time no one was gonna stop me. I took one swift kick at his legs knocking him down.

"Well, I think the cherry outsmarted the tomato." I said flicking my hair over my shoulder as I walked back to our parking spot but faintly hearing him laugh in the background.

Suddenly, I heard small clapping. I turned to find Nicholas smirking like the idiot he is.

"Well done, Well done. Oh and by the way, I know you could take Jess. Her threat was hollow anyway." he said before winking.

I let my mouth gape open.

"Princess, You're gonna catch flies that way," he said closing my mouth with his hand.

"So you heard all of that?"

"Yup!"

"Eavesdropper," I muttered.

"It comes in handy," He smiled and walked back to the truck.