Chapter 9

•JOHN'S POV•

Chapter 9- Hello my name is Mr. Nightcross

How does 5 sound- J.N.

I guess it's k- O

Ugh it drives me crazy when Oki does that! Why can't she say yes or no?

Is it okay or not?- J.N.

Yeah-O

WHAT THE HECK!?! Yes or no?- J.N.

Please don't be mad at me! I hate it when people are mad at me-O

Shit. She's upset.

I'm not mad. Sorry! You just got me stressed-J.N.

MWHAHAHAHA I wasn't even upset-O

Well?-J.N.

Well what?-O

Ugh! That's it. I'm calling her.

Ring. Ring. Ring. Ri-

She finally picked up.

"You let that sit for four rings didn't you," I asked trying to be annoyed, but it was honestly really hard.

"Maaaay-beee," she drug out.

"I'm coming at 5pm, and we are going out to eat dinner AND we will meet up with everyone! Okay?"

"Yeah chill, bro!" She huffed.

"Really? Bro?" I asked.

"Babe is weird cause your not a baby. Honey sounds like an old married couple. Sweetie makes you sound five. Darling makes me sound all posh. And I like bro, OKAY?"

"Fine, bra! See ya!" I yelled before she could protest I hung up. Laughing to myself, I began to get ready.

"Hmm. Leonardo, what do you think she would like?" I asked German Shepard as we both stared at my big but almost vacant closet. When I was little, I named him after a character from my favorite show.Though I don't own many suits, ties, or nice clothes in general, I have plenty of Nike shoes, flat bills, t shirts, and jeans.

"Leonardo, look at me when I'm talking to you!" He rested his head on my lap and stared up at me. "Thats better! Always show respect!" I joked.

"Remember that on your date," my mom yelled from the other side of my door.

"Mom! Don't spy on my conversations with the dog," I chuckled.

"Actually, I was spying on your conversation with your girlfriend and just happened to stay and overhear the dog conversation."

"Mom!" I groaned.

~•~

'Ding-Dong'

I listened to the doorbell ring as I waited for Oki outside her door. It's freezing cold out here.

As the door opened, I expected to see Oki but instead Oki's male twin answered.

Oki's "twin" is actually two years older than her but is almost identical in looks. They have many similarities: same dark hair, same face shape, same eyes, and same tall stature.

"Ah. You're Oki's new boyfriend. I'm Daren." He then stuck his hand out for me to shake.

Hey, this is going pretty well.

Spoke to soon. He grabbed my hand and twisted it. Catching me by surprise, he flipped into a kneeling position.

"Listen. If you break her heart, consider your skull broken. Oh and I'm not the only one you should be scared of."