Chapter 10

Chapter 10- Silence, your worst nightmare

Last night rang through my mind like a bullet shot from a CZ sp-01.

I woke up around 5am replaying my night.

~•~

"Now, look here, son," my father started. I had just started driving to his house. Surprisingly, Oki was fine. She and Rai decided to sleep over at Rai's house anyway.

"Why the heck are you here?"I said through gritted teeth interrupting him.

"Son, you should watch the way you address your Father, I deserve respect-"

"Ha! That's the last thing you deserve! You left my mom for a slut that you left too! Only reason you talked to me was to ask me to join a group of hit men."

"Never the less, you have dishonored my rules!"

"You, father, have lost all control on my life. In fact, you never had any to start with," I replied coldly.

"We'll see, We'll see," he muttered.

I didn't respond; I didn't speak. I just drove. Fast.

We pulled up to his house in silence. It took all of me not to kick him out on to the ground. Once he got out, I sped off.

~•~

Sighing, I got up from my bed to grab my phone off the charger.

'One Message' my phone read.

Hey, you okay?-O

I smiled at her concern.

Yes ma'am. Just had some family things to take care of. Don't worry-JN

Ew Ma'am?-O

I loved how she never pried.

Fine, bra-JN

Ugh whatever bro! ;)-O

Some how my smile widened.

"Hey mom?" I called from my room.

No answer. Weird. I checked my clock. I had lost 2 and a half hours thinking about last night. But, My mom should be up now.

I got up and went to my door looking out into the hall. "Mom?"

No answer. Nothing. Something's wrong.

I got up and ran downstairs. "Mom! MOM! mom? MOM?"

The only noise was my feet hitting tile and the hardwood. In the kitchen, pots lay strewn across the floor. No sign of her.

"Sam!" I yelled my stepfathers name. But, no answers reached my ears.

That's it. I pulled out my phone.

Ring. Ri-

"John! Honey? Are you there?" her voice came like music to my ears.

"Mom! Are you okay?" I sighed hearing her voice.

"Yes, honey, I'm fine but-but you need to come down to the hospital," She choked out. I could tell she had been crying.

"Why? Mom, what's wrong? What's happened?" I asked frantically.

"It's Sam, honey. He's been in a wreck."