Chapter 25

The next morning Abigail was up bright and early and got ready for her first day working for an actual TV studio. She kept searching through her closet until she found the perfect outfit. It took about three different attempts to find the perfect outfit but as she was looking in the mirror she found the perfect one.

She had on black tights with shiny white doc marten shoes. She then had on a black and white plaid skirt with a thick white crop top sweater on. She was looking in the mirror to see if it was perfect enough to go to a TV studio.

"You ready to go" Ariana said popping her tired head into Abigail's bedroom

"Yeah, I'm gonna leave in a few minutes because I need an extra large coffee just to stay awake right now" she said stretching out her back

Abigail was finally ready to go and she started to walk out of the house. She was attempting to find her car keys in her backpack, when suddenly she felt an unholy chill go down her spine. It was only around 10 in the morning and she figured the neighbors would still be asleep. She ended up quickly turning around feeling absolutely paranoid.

"No. No. not today please" she pleaded still trying to find her car keys

"Hey Abigail" a voice behind her said making her jump out of her skin swinging her fist at the person forcing them to duck down. "Wow, didn't mean to scare you"

"No it's fine, I'm just a bit jumpy right now"

"Sorry, but I just wanted to say hi since I haven't seen you in a while" Michael said standing in the street next to her along the car

"Yeah I know I'm sorry. I've been looking for a job and today is my first day. Except I can't find my damn car keys" Abigail said getting annoyed and flustered 

Michael looked and noticed the simplest answer. "Ummm Abigail....." he said taking her bag out of her hands. "Their right there" he said showing her that they were on top of her car" 

"Oh right" she said feeling distraught now. "Thanks" 

Abigail didn't say anything else to Michael and she got in her car. She waved to him through the closed window and she started to drive away. She was speeding down the highway attempting to find a Starbucks that was near the studio she had to go to. There was pretty much a Starbucks on every block she was passing, but she wanted to find the studio first. It was near to impossible to find the correct one. 

*On the phone -Ariana*

"These studios are so damn complicated. I feel like at any moment a security guard is going to kick me out of here" 

"Just make it look like you belong there, and that you have business there"

Abigail took her phone and put it to her mouth and gently shouted "I do have business here!" just when she thought a bunch of people were staring at her. She looked up at a sign and said "I'll call you later" and hung up 

She found an entrance where she was able to finally see a studio number on a door. It said 3A on it and that was the studio that the woman wrote on the piece of paper for Abigail. She was finally able to breathe normally again knowing she was in the right place and she was there a head of schedule. She prayed to the lord up above that the woman she met yesterday was in there because she didn't know who else to talk to about her job. 

"Excuse me sir" she said rolling her eyes to herself. "I'm wondering if Mrs. Amarante is here by any chance I'm-" she said being cut off 

"Oh yes, your the new photographer. Well if your as good as she said you are than I guess we can dispute the fact that your a child" 

Abigail quickly raised an eyebrow at the guy she was talking to. She didn't bother saying anything to him because she would've tore him to shreds in an instant. She was suddenly saved by Madison Amarante who was the woman that discovered her yesterday. 

"Hello....you" she exclaimed taking Abigail away towards another room 

"Yeah, it's Abigail by the way. In case you cared" she said being snarky 

"Well I'm glad you found the set alright. I will admit first time coming here it is a bit confusing but if you do well today then you will definitely get use to coming around here often" 

"Thank you for giving me the opportunity" Abigail said 

"So we have a few hours before we need to do anything serious so would you like to meet the boys you'll be photographing" she said finishing making herself and Abigail a cup of coffee 

"The boys?" Abigail asked not knowing what she was talking about 

"I'm guessing you didn't look into the show at all last night. Oh well, guess we couldn't force you to do that" 

"I don't even know what the show is called. You never mentioned the name yesterday so I couldn't look it up" Abigail explained attempting not to sound rude for once 

The woman started to walk out and Abigail quickly followed behind her trying not to spill the coffee. She led Abigail up a flight of stairs and then into a dressing room. There were about 30 teenage boys sitting in this giant room together hanging out. Some were on their phones not socializing at all. While some were talking together and the others were scoping out the different outfit choices that were scattered around the dressing room. 

"Listen up!" Madison said clapping her hands to get their attention. "This is our newest photographer for the show. She is going to hang in here with you gentleman until we need her so make her feel welcome and don't ask for extra pictures during the show" she said eyeing down a few specific boys in particular and then raised her two fingers to her eyes and then scans them at the boys. 

"Ummmm hey guys I'm Abigail" she said not even bothering to look at any of them 

"Well, well, well, if it isn't beach girl" one of the boys said standing up from the couch. Abigail had met him at the beach the one day she was there with Ariana 

"I remember you" she said beginning to look around the room. "I remember you guys also" she said talking to another two boys that were in the room

"That's us....Michael is here to somewhere. Probably just went to take a leak"