♡2♡ Foretelling Dream

Okay I just want to get one thing straight, most x readers I've seen had Reader-chan get her persona (if they give her one) at the same time as Ren or in Kamoshida's palace. Now I get it, they are the protag in the fic and some of you guys want to have your powers soon.

But I feel like that moment for Ren is too special. And I already have planned for Reader-chan's awakening to happen after Kamoshida's palace, since there's already three awakenings in there. But here's something to get your hopes up. You will find out about the metaverse before the awakening, and I mean way before.

I also edited the last chapter a little bit with a line of dialog about Reader-chan's 'presence'.

With that said, please enjoy the chapter!

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

(Y/n)'s POV

I open my eyes to find myself surrounded by people, all just passing by me. Some bump into me, turn their heads, and go back to walking. The look on their faces say that they don't see me, even if I'm right in front of them. I tilt my head up to see the sky and some tall buildings in a dull gray, even the people were dull in color.

Why is it that this is how I feel when I look at my life? Always just another face in the crowd that no one notices, heck I don't even have friends cause no one seems to see me.

Then a sudden feeling of being watched washed over me. I turn to see a bright light from the crowd, it's a ways away but something in me told me to head towards it. I start walking, not caring that I bumped into the dull people around me. As I move to the light it seems to never get closer, but I keep going. I started to run, a voice telling me to not give up, to keep going. As I keep going I notice that the dullness of the world around me grow in color, that alone made me want to run faster. Desperate to get to the light.

After what felt like hours, I seem to be getting closer to the light. The color keeps getting brighter, like life is being brought back to the world around me. I never noticed at first, but as I kept on getting closer, more and more people seem to look at me as I ran. It's like I'm not invisible anymore, like I can be myself and have people notice. I eventually seem to reach the light, I rest my hands on my knees from exhaustion that suddenly hit me. I lift my head up to see the world around me full of life and color. I look ahead to see nine figures in a clearing of the crowd. I couldn't see who they were because as soon as I saw them my eyes began to close, feeling myself fall to the ground.

"Ow!" I groan in pain as I sit up, I seemed to have fallen from my bed in my sleep. I grab my phone from my nearby nightstand to check the time. "Looks like I have enough time to get ready." I say as I stand up to do my morning routine. As I put my uniform on, I tried to remember the dream I had. All I could remember was the feeling of trying to reach for something in desperation.

"Morning Dad." I said as I walked to the kitchen, seeing my father on his phone at the counter. His eyes widened and he looked around until he saw me.

He relaxed once he knew it was me and replied. "Morning Sweetheart, what are you doing here? Shouldn't you be at school?"

"School doesn't start until an hour and a half." He raises an eyebrow.

"Then why haven't I seen you at this time in the morning before?" It was my turn to raise an eyebrow at him.

"What do you mean? I've always been here at this time, I've always said good morning to you." His expression soften and nodded before going back to his phone.