Chapter 4: Bewildered

Track list for this chapter:

Monster - Imagine Dragons

This Moment - Katy Perry

-----

Claire's POV

I stare at him while he takes a seat. I hope he's gonna do the talking because I'm sure as hell not going to.

"Hey, do you have a jersey cause I need a name and number.", the guy says then winks. He has a deep Australian accent, which I gotta say is alluring. 

I laugh, "I already heard that one, you're gonna have to try harder than that."

"Feisty, I like it. Okay how about..." He pauses.

"I would liken you

To a night without stars

Were it not for your eyes.

I would liken you

To a sleep without dreams

Were it not for your songs."

What? Where did that come from? He goes from a cheesy pickup line to this.

I gaze deeply into his hazel eyes that seem to glisten in the dim room. "Quoting Langston Hughes I see." I tell him, breaking the silence.

"So you're familiar with Hughes' work. You don't seem like the type of person to know this."

I playfully push his arm. "Oh please, I recited that poem when I was 4 years old.", I brag.

"Impressive but I'm gonna need more proof, let me buy you a drink."

"I already hav-", I am cut off by this stranger calling for a waitress.

Less than a few seconds, the waitress place two beer bottles on the table.

"Cheers, to the pretty lady in black.", he says confidentially and raises his bottle.

"Which one? I mean mostly everyone in here is wearing black.", I joke and earn a laugh from him.

"Well yes, they're wearing black, but you're the pretty one so...", he slides the beer across the table to me. "And I haven't caught your name."

I grab the bottle. "I don't know... you might be a psychopath for all I know.", I pause, "But I mean a name won't hurt, It's Claire Sherwood."

"Well, Claire Sherwood, I would like you to have my number.", with that said, he takes my phone and puts in his number. I really should put a passcode, but pressing in my passcode all the damn time is unconvenient. I must say, his overconfidence is kind of attractive.

"If you want to talk, just hit me up.", he says while getting up.

"Wait I haven't got your name!", I practically yell across the restaurant.

He didn't say anything, but I caught a glimse of him smirking.

-----

A/N: I changed the cover, it took me FOREVER to make it right. Please be sure to vote!