Chapter 1

The sun shined brightly in the clear blue sky, blocking her view of the ball. Squinting, Cutie fought the glare as she ran past the defender. Suddenly the football appeared. Extending her arms she reached out to catch it. The ball landed lightly on her fingertips. As she pulled it in a hand came out of nowhere, engulfing it and taking it away.

                Sliding to a halt, Cutie turned to see her brother Renn running the other way with the ball in his giant hand. Scowling she tried to give chase, quickly begin left behind by her much faster brother. Renn crossed the goal line and spiked the ball. Not one of her teammate even came close to catching him.

                Renn was an all American first team football, basketball and baseball player. In fact there wasn’t a sport he didn’t excel in. As a freshman at Metropolis State University he quickly became a superstar. The fans adored him for his good looks and charm. The press idolized him for his dominant play and his family held him high up on a pedestal.

                Cutie, on the other hand, saw him for the ass that he was. He was their parent’s favourite, unable to do any wrong.  She was an afterthought, only gaining their attention when they were displeased with her. He got what he wanted, when he wanted it. She however was given the bare essentials. For as long as she could remember, she’d been sent away to boarding schools. Renn on the other hand attended school close to home. She wasn’t exactly jealous or bitter of Renn. In fact he was a loving caring brother. She just wished all of Renn’s achievements would stop looming over her.

                 Finishing his touchdown dance Renn smiled and pointed to her. “Almost sis.” The two were twins and they shared the same facial features but that’s where the similarities ended. He was six foot seven and her five-five. He was two hundred and seventy pounds of rock hard muscle. She was one hundred and five pounds of delightfulness as Renn was fond of saying. He aced all his tests, she didn’t. He was liked and loved by all, her not so much.

                “Nice try Cutie,” Renn’s friend said as he ran by.

                “Fuck you Ted,” She yelled back, giving him the finger.

                Renn’s girlfriend Jamie, who was on her team, ran over and gave him a kiss. The tall beautiful blonde girl had been dating him since high school. Together the two of them formed the all American dream couple. Both landed modeling jobs in the summer. Billboards of the two could be found throughout the city which added to their fame. The sight of the two being all lovey-dovey made her want to vomit.

                Walking over to her gym bag she pulled out a bottle of water and her pills. Taking out a blue, red and green she swallowed them. Chasing them down with water she sighed. She was inflicted with a rare disease which would shut down her body if she didn’t take the wretched pills three times a day.

                Both teams lined up again to kick the ball off. Renn stood with his hands on his hips staring at her. “Come on Cutie, we’re waiting on you.”

                “Fuck it, I quit.” She yelled back.

                Jogging over Renn put a hand on her shoulder. “You ok?” He asked smiling down at her.

                “You know I hate this fucking game.” This wasn’t the first time Renn dragged her out with him. Every time she came home he insisted on showing her how much better he was then everyone else. She was only home for the weekend and the last thing she wanted to do was spend it here with his friends.