Chapter 2

Chapter 2- Slowly Changing

I felt so different. I was still the same on the inside,same boring Samantha. I wasn’t mentally different,I was different on the outside.

I was looking at myself in the mirror. 3 days ago I got my destiny,I was destined to become a Warrior. It had already begun.

I was muscled more,not so lanky. My once brown hair is now a deep mahogany. My once moss colored eyes were bright red. We thought I was just thirsty for blood,but I wasn’t. I have red eyes now,and they don’t go away,even in wolf form.

I didn’t mind them that much,it was of course hard for the other pack members. Most of them new I was a Warrior now. They stayed away from me,thinking I was danger. I wasn’t.

I was stronger,and a lot faster. My senses were sharp,a lot sharper then most. I finally got control of them,luckily Lucas helped me gain control.

Gracie was ecstatic,she loved the thought of me being a Warrior. Lucas was happy as well,he seemed to like my new found strength.

I don’t want people to treat me different,I am still me. The same Samantha that would rather watch a movie and cuddle. I still don’t like to party or get drunk.

Alpha Cameron called a pack meeting today,it mostly involved the Warriors. I was just getting into the shower,after I had washed my hair I was done. I got out of the shower and put lotion on my legs and arms. I then put on a black skirt,it fell just above the knee. I put on a simple green shirt,it had cut outs at the shoulders and a bunch of little cut outs down the side.

I threw my hair up into a side braid and grabbed my black flats. I was kind of in a hurry,the meeting started almost ten minutes ago.

I ran down the stairs and into the pack room. It was filled with the Alpha,the wonderful Luna and all of the warriors. I casually sat down next to Lucas,he grabbed my hand,rubbing circles into the palm.

“We have had some problems with the Hunters. They keep coming to our land and trying to shoot some members.” The Alpha said.

We all tuned into what he was saying,the Hunters were no joke. There were two types of Hunters. One type is strictly vampire Hunters,and the others are werewolf Hunters. They NEVER hunt together.

The Alpha continued,“Lately the Hunters have been hunting together. Both types have joined forces.”

Some of the warriors gasped,me included. They never hunt together. This could be the end of both of our races.

“The Hunters so far are only hunting our pack and the next biggest pack in North America.”

I tensed,that was my pack,The Rising Sun pack was in danger,my parents,my mate. I cringed at the word mate. I don’t care about him,I have Lucas.

“I am sending,Lucas,and his Beta. Along with some of you warriors. Gracie,Chad,Danny,Chris,Cate, Zach,and Becca. You all will be going along with Lucas and his beta.”

I turned and whispered to Lucas,“Who is your beta?”

He smiled a little,“You,”

My face fell,that means I have to go to my old pack. I have to face,my mate,my family,my old pack.

Oh no.

< * >

We were set out to leave in two days. Most of us were already packed. Gracie and I had some shopping to do,her words were I needed a new closet to meet my old pack. I never cared what I looked like before,I still don’t care now. I am just doing it for Gracie. Plus I do need new clothes.