Chapter 4

I walked to the parking lot with my heart happy, but then I saw my beat up, old truck. I thought about it, then I lifted the keychain, and I wished, "I wish my truck looks brand new." I looked up and smiled in contentment as I saw that my baby looked better than ever.
       I arrived home, and ran inside, only to be greeted by the gloomy faces of my parents. My father noticed I was home, and gave me a warm smile, my mother just looked up at me and snarled. "Why are you home?" She asked as she picked something out of her teeth with her fingernail. "Never mind. I want you to make dinner tonight and I want it done snappy. My boss is coming over in an hour." She proclaimed, while flicking whatever she picked out from her teeth at me. I flinched backwards in disgust.
       My dad just offered me an apologetic glance, and he wheeled himself out of the room. You see my dad has been paralyzed from the waist down ever since an accident at his old job of being a construction worker. Ever since, he hasn't been able to find a job suitable for him. He's a very kind person who didn't deserve something like that. My mother was never a kind person, and my father only married her because his dad made him.
       Anyways, I roll my eyes at my mom and sling my backpack over my shoulder as I walk up to my room on the third floor of our house. I throw my self onto my bed and stare at the ceiling. My mind wanders to my dad and I think of his tragic love life. I decide that my wish granter key chain doesn't have to be just for me. " I wish my dad will find his soulmate within the next five hours. I wish that after this, he will divorce my mom and she will leave forever." I headed down to the kitchen and started preparing the meal. You might ask, " Why don't you wish up a meal, Sarah?" Well, I love cooking so I don't mind cooking even if my mom demands me to.
       As I finish setting the table, I hear the doorbell ring. My mom comes rushing out of her room looking quite pleasant. She opens the door and invites a very tall, dark, and handsome man in classic business attire into, "our humble abode." In her words. He approaches me and shakes my hand. I smile at his genuine politeness, but I can't focus on him for too long because I see my father enter the room out of the corner of my eye. The man's gaze is soon fixed on my father, and soon their eyes meet. It was like an electric shock wave passed through the room.