Chapter 4: Frank

Leaning against the wall, I watched as Ray stomped out of the recording room. Sighing, I watched as Mikey ran after him and Gee slumped down. Sliding down the wall, I heard Ray shout at Mikey. Gerard shook his head and Mikey ran back into the room.

“What did he say?” I asked and Mikey slumped against the wall.

“He is breaking into the company tomorrow night,” he stated and I groaned.

“Why can’t he just leave it be?” I huffed and Gerard stood up, looking at Mikey.

“Anything else?” he snapped and Mikey shook his head.

“No,” he said and I caught his eye.

Gerard crossed his arms and tapped his foot. Tucking a strand of black hair behind his ear, Gee looked up and looked at me. I turned away and stared at a photo of Gee, Mikey, Ray, Bob and me back in the Revenge era. Slowly dragging my eyes away, I stared the Way brothers and laughed softly.

“We use to have fun when we first began,” I mumbled. “I mean, before everything that happened, we were just there, being who we were best at. Maybe Ray’s right, maybe we should infiltrate Better Living.”

Mikey smiled and Gerard sighed.

“Okay, fine,” he said. “But, we really need to change how we look so we don’t get caught.”

“And I know just the thing,” came a deep, husky voice and I looked up to see Steve Righ, guitarist from Mindless Self Indulgence, leaning against the doorframe.

“How much did you hear?” Gerard rushed out and Steve laughed lightly.

“I’m not gonna say anything,” he said and his face darkened. “But we do need to get Toro back and I’m gonna take you guys to change your appearance.”

Swallowing, I watched as Mikey ran out of the room, his phone in his hand. Looking at Gee, I watched as he tucked his black hair behind his ear and I looked up at Steve. He smiled at me and looked at the guns on the ground. His eyes widened and I stared at him.

“What have you done?” he whispered and Gerard looked up at him.

“What?” he asked and Steve looked at him, scooping up the guns.

“Change of plans,” he ordered and grabbed our arms, pulling us behind him.

“Steve?” I said saw the other two in the lobby.

“Come with me now,” he snapped.

We fell in line with him and he led us out the back to a white van. He shoved us into it and climbed into the passenger seat.

“Blake, it’s time,” he whispered into a walkie-talkie and someone skated up to the front of the van.

“Bout time,” he moaned and started the van, peeling out of the place.

“Boys,” said Steve and we looked up at him. “This is Blake McCaw.”

Blake looked over the seat and smiled at us. He had the brownest of eyes I have ever seen and his hair was a rich shiny black. His skin was pale and was wearing ridiculous clothing. Steve threw the guns back at us and whispered to Blake.

“What?” Blake screeched and the van jolted to a stop.

“What is going on?” Mikey asked and before Steve could open his mouth, the doors to the back of the van opened.

A girl looked up at us; a slight wind ruffling her pixie cut styled hair, kinda like Alice Cullen from the twilight series. Her hair colour reminded me of Barney the purple dinosaur. The colour was purple with little teal blue streaks running through it and it suited her. The girl had shiny darkish emerald leather with purple and black lining on the wrist parts. Hugging her calves was a pair black combat boots and her pants were black jeans. She blinked once and glared at Steve.