Shopping

"Ms. Harper, where are we going?" I questioned nicely, as I gazed at the front mirror at the woman who's currently driving.

"Please, enough with Ms. Harper. Call me mom, okay?" I nodded in agreement, as she return to her conversation,

"Anyways, I was thinking we could pass by the mall to buy you some new clothes, how about it?"

I shrugged and quietly said, "sure."

I stared off at the window, deeply gazing at each car that drifts by. I wondered numerous questions of how my new life would be like. Then, a dirty thought came to mind.

'What if they don't like me anymore?

'What if they think I'm not a good enough child?'

'What if they return me?'

"Dwyan!"

I shook my head a bit, and shifted my vision to a frustrated Izzy, who's staring at me with tired eyes from her car seat. I lifted my eyebrow up at her, and questioned, "What's up?"

She took a second, to realize what she was about to ask, until she said, "How Bwig awe you gonna gwet?"

Man this girl is just fueled up with questions about giants, huh?

I softly spoke, "I'm not exactly sure about what my precise height will be."

To be honest I haven't really questioned myself that, all I knew was that I'll be taller than pretty much everyone one day.
Soon, Izzy pouted in disappointment at my answer. Nothing ever gets through this kid!!

I quickly attempted to lighten up the mood, so I quickly said, "B-But I bet I'll be bigger than a house! Or even a whole skyscraper!"

Ughh all this excitement is making me pretty thrilled too! Can't I just grow big already?

"Okay kiddos were here!" Ms- I mean my mom announced. She suddenly directed her head towards me, "Dylan sweetie, do you mind unbuckling your sister for me, please?"

"Sure, mom." I responded nicely, I saw her eyes widened when I called her "mom". She smiled sweetly at me as I returned her one.

I unleashed myself from my seatbelt, and hopped on over in front of Izzy. Unexpectedly, a sharp pain impacted inside of my lower stomach. Instantly, I clenched my side, attempting to ease the unknown soreness.

"Awe you constipwated?" I peeked down, to see Izzy tightly grasping onto my shirt with worry some eyes. Where is this child learning these words?!
I was about to protest until I uncontrollably began agitating in place. Soon enough, everything in my view began to slightly shrink. Am I growing?

"Woah! You bwigger!" I gazed at a slightly smaller Izzy than before, starring in amaze at me.

Another miniature spurt occurred, as I fortuitously bumped my precious head on the car's ceiling.
Geez my body freaking hates me doesn't it?
Finally, that absurd unknown irritation was relieved. I proceeded removing Izzy out of her car seat, as I guided her out the vehicle.
Once we exited, we both saw our mother standing outside, with a questioning look. "What took you two so-"

I waited for her to continue, however she had a confusion written all over her face, as she pointed her eyes directly at me. It soon fidgeted to a captivated grin, as she casually marched in front of me.
Damn, I'm literally the height of my mom now! Possibly even taller! This is so cool!

"My little baby is growing so quickly!" She lightly tapped my nose, while tuning into her not so innocent voice.

"Mom, we're in public! And I'm not little!" I silently shouted, as my cheeks heated up in embarrassment.