Chapter Eight

Jordyn Edwards

Sitting out on my patio, I scrolled through my computer looking at locations for my restaurant. My house was peaceful since everyone was gone, so this is the perfect time. Chris took Imani to the mall to buy stuff for this trip to Virginia and Tank is probably with one of his rotation hoes.

But anyway, I'm so excited about the expansion of my restaurant! It's been taking me forever to find the perfect spot for it. It's not really an upscale place, so I don't want to put it somewhere that people aren't going to pay attention to it. And it's not some hood restaurant. I just need the perfect spot.

I heard the front door opening and closing then running.

"Mommy!" Imani yelled.

My alone time has come to an end. Closing my laptop, I placed it on the table I have on the patio then headed inside. "Hey Mani."

"Look what daddy bought you." She handed me a bouquet of flowers. "He said read the note inside."

White lilies are my favorite, I'm surprised he remembered that. Pulling out the card that stuck out between the flowers, I opened it.

Date tomorrow night?

A smirk appeared on my face. "Where is your dad?"

"He said he had to go somewhere but he'll be back."'

"Well lets go put these beautiful flowers in some water and then I'll make us some popcorn and we'll watch movies."

"Okay." Imani took off running to the kitchen. I can't lie, getting these flowers made my heart flutter. I've never gotten small things like this from a guy. It's been a while since I've been in a serious relationship and the last person I was with was too hood and thought buying flowers made him look like a punk.

Maybe that's why with Brooks everything feels different. There has been so many moments where he made me feel like I was the only girl in the world. I'm so ready to see what it's going to be like when we actually take things to the next level. Not having to hide how we really feel, the world gets to experience our genuine love for one another.

After putting the flowers in a vase, I grabbed my phone and called Chris. He picked up after the third ring.

"Wassup beautiful." His voice said through the phone, giving me chills.

"Hey, thanks for the flowers. I love them."

"No problem."

"So where did you disappear to?"

"Just wanted to pick up some groceries for tonight. I decided that I'll cook dinner for everybody. Imani wanted to get back home that's why I dropped her off."

"Oh okay."

"So, what's your answer to the question on the card?"

"A date would be lovely. I just have to see if I can get Tank to babysit."

"See I'm 10 steps ahead of you. Another surprise should be at the door for you shortly."

The doorbell rang.

A confused look fell over my face. "Chris what did you do?"