Chapter Twenty-Three

Loooooooong ass chapter! This was supposed to come earlier but I got busy, enjoy!

Christian Brooks

Walking into the house after another long night I dropped my keys and kicked off my shoes, then went and put up something I got for Imani.

I didn't work this much when I was a damn cop.

The past month we've been working on getting back the money that was missed and once again I'm barely home and Jordyn tripping. She started school three weeks ago and that's had all her attention, besides looking after Imani.

Today is Valentines Day and I wanna do something special for her.

My mom is flying up here to watch Imani for us. She said she needed to get away because thing between her and my da- Joesph haven't been the same since I found out the truth.

Walking into our room, Jordyn was stretched across the bed knocked out with the laptop still open and all her books.She had to be exhausted the way she was snoring.

I went into the closet and pulled down her suitcases, I started searching for my favorite outfits and put them in there. I grabbed every red and pink lingerie she had and my favorite perfume that she wears. After I packed her things I took care of mine and got in the shower.

I cleaned up her school stuff then picked her up to lay her the right way.

Her eyes fluttered open and she looked up at me. "What Time is it?"

"It's late just go back to sleep."

"Chris I have to finish studying."

"You'll get it in the morning Jordyn, just go back to sleep." I said as I placed her back in the bed then climbed in behind her. She moved over to me and put her head on my chest.

I thought about cutting on the TV but as soon as my body relaxed I drifted off.

Later On

My eyes slowly opened and I looked around the room, surprisingly Jordyn was still fast asleep. I grabbed my phone and glanced at the time. It was 9:30. Slipping from under Jordyn I went and freshened up and headed to Imani's room.

"Daddy!" She yelled jumping off the bed.

"Hey princess. Daddy has a gift for you." I pulled a jewelry box from behind me.

"What is it?"

I opened it showing a name plate necklace it was covered in diamonds but not too much for a 2 year old because the letters were small.

"It's so pretty Daddy! I love it."

I laughed at her response while putting it on. "I got another gift, come on." Picking her up, I headed downstairs. "Okay I want you to sit right here and cover your eyes." I sat her on the stool in the kitchen.

"Okay."

"Are your eyes covered?"

"Yeah."

I grabbed her gift then started walking over to her.

"DADDY YOU GOT ME A DOG!"

I laughed. "Dang Mani I couldn't even tell you to uncover your eyes."

She jumped off the stool and ran over to me. I bent down to her level, letting her rub the English Bulldog I got her.

 I bent down to her level, letting her rub the English Bulldog I got her