April & Trent

APRIL

I never expected my mom to take my car away. But she did.

After what had happened to Melissa, she didn't trust cars at the moment. After long procrastinations, she let me not take the bus. But someone who she truley trusted got to drive me... And what could be worse then being driven by Trent Michaels.

Stupid kid, had to honk to get me to come outside. He could have been the normal human being and came to the door, or even texted me. But no. He had to honk.

"What took you so long?" He said right as I opened the door. I rolled my eyes at his bluntness.

"Whatever. Can we please just get going?" I pleaded. He looked at me with out responding.

"Yeah... I guess we can get going.."

TRENT

April has offically blanked me out. She doesn't talk to me at all, well only if she needs to. But that doesn't count. Now I'm personally messing up so that she pays attention. The last time I messed up she just said, "If that's how you want it, so be it." Like whats that supposed to mean? Do I get my way or.. No, that can't be. She's April Crater. Getting your way isn't allowed with her. Unless its her own. I hated it when she payed attention to me, but I hate it even more that she isn't paying any attention at all.

"I'm gonna draw a penis on this..." I said staring blankly at her.

"That's cool..." She plainly said.

I cracked, I couldn't take her attitude anymore, "April! Why are you acting so different!"

She didn't even flinch, "I don't know.." With that said she ran out of the room forgetting to take her stuff...

。・°°・・°°・。

"April? Where are you?" I called to the girl I had to take home. The whole class hadn't even notice her absence. And that whole class I had been waiting in anticipation for the bell to strike 3 so I could go look for her. If I lost her, her parents would kill me, and I'd hate myself for it too...

"April! Please come out! I didn't mean to yell at you!" I was walking down the side walk by the soccer field. Until a moving object was quickly moving across the field.

It was not April... It was Blake.. Anyone in the world and April calls Blake, and not me.

I threw April's stuff in my car before I left to look for her. But I hadn't even realized I could've called her. That was obviously the stupidity taking over me.

I ran to catch up with Blake. Goddammit he was fast. I resorted to calling to him, which worked perfectly.. Well for me at least. I called Blake's name as loud as I could, and from all the spring dew on the field. Lets just say he didn't come to a screeching halt.

Blake got his feet taken from right underneath him. Landing on his butt. "Ow." was all that came out of my best friends mouth as he fell on the ground. I couldn't hold my composure for more then a millisecond. I burst out into uncontrollable laughter. He shot me the 'dirtiest' glare he could. I'm so punny. But I quickly sobered up remember that I had to find April. I grab Blake's arm hoisting him up to his feet before sprinting to the direction Blake was heading.

"She called me. Why didn't she call you?

"Who?"

"You know who! Don't act stupid Trent! You never run that fast for anyone!" Blake yelled at me, "Not even coach." he added. That caught my attention.

"Don't say that. That isn't even close to the truth. I just don't want to be thrown into a hole because of my stupidity." We got to the edge of the field hopping the fence, we saw April sitting on the very bottom of the hill, surrounded by purple flowers. The flowers made you not want to wreck them by their beauty.

The purple reminded me of sunsets, but in the oddest way since sunsets weren't usually purple.

I almost ran down there, but something stopped me. She didn't want me here. I was probably the last person she would want to see at the moment.

"You go, she probably doesn't want me here." He nodded and jogged down to her........

APRIL

"Tough day?" Blake's voice rang through my ears, making me perk up a little.

I sniffled, "I guess you could say that."

"Why were you crying?"

"Because I'm stupid, and thought that everything in my life would stay the same and become easier with every breath I took, but I was just plain wrong."

"I can help. Help you through this, I've helped my sisters through a break up too." I turned to face him, he thought I broke up with someone?

"I didn't break up with someone." I dead panned.

"Oh, weren't you dating that Trent kid?"

That Trent kid?

Trent.

"Don't ever say that name ever again! And for your information Trent was my brother!" I yelled.

"Okay, okay sorry..." He said holding his hands up in surrender.

For the moment all I could hear was my ragged breathing and my heart beating. But Blake's stupid mouth had to open up again, "Don't need to be such a bitch about it." he said nearly inaudible.

"Did you just call me a bitch?"

He clearly rolled his eyes, "No, obviously I didn't." he said in a bored tone.

"Wow. Just wow. Fuck you Blake." I said, before I could even comprehend what was happening I was standing to walk away but he grabbed my wrist and my free hand was flying to his cheek.

Slap.

I slapped Blake.

I tore my hand from his grip and took off up the hill, I looked up to the top of the hill and Trent was standing right there. I tried to push past him but he grabbed my hand gently pulling me back. Before I knew what he was doing I was engulfed into a warm embrace. I felt something hot run down my face and I knew I was crying.

"You don't have to tell me what happened, but I want you to know I'm here and I'm not going anywhere..."