Trent

I have never had such an interesting night of my life, even if it wasn't spent with my flavor of the week.

I had a family dinner at April's house. The entire time she looked like her best friend died and she had to burry them. It was extremely amusing. But it was also odd, she didn't give me a death glare at me, or talk to me.. Let alone look at me. Until it was time that our parents had their "adult talk," so that was my only chance to ask her what her problem was.

I followed April hot on her heels to the screening room. I just noticed that she was wearing a long sleeve shirt, and skinny jeans... In spring.

She turned on the tv tossed the remote on the couch and tried to walk to the back room. I grabbed her wrist which made her hiss in pain. I almost immediately let go.

"What's your problem?" I sternly asked her.

She looked at me as if I were acting ludicrous, "MY PROBLEM? You're the one getting in my business, Trent!" Right as she said my name her eyes widened and she backed up against the wall. She slid to the floor holding the sides of her head. Mumbling things I couldn't understand. I did the only thing I thought of.

I apologized, I don't know what for but I just kept apologizing. Until I couldn't take it anymore. I sprinted upstairs and was yelling.

"APRIL. CRYING. GOING CRAZY. HELP!!!!!"

April's parents stared at me before running down the screening room, I waited about a couple minutes before gaining my composure back and running after then. I found Mr. and Mrs. Crater sitting on either side of her trying to sooth her. Which was obviously not working, I gently pushed Mr. and Mrs. Crater to the side and pulled April into my lap. I was running my hand down her hair and calmly saying soothing things to her.

"April, Its alright."

"You're alright."

"Nothing is going to hurt you..."

And with that said her face turned wet from all the tears shed and she whimpered, "You promise?"

I didn't know exactly what was going through my mind, but I promised not only to her, but to me. I promised to keep her safe, from whatever is coming her way. This is the first time I saw her vulnerable. I'm not sure if she will remember this but, I was going to make her remember ...

Next day at school, she was quiet all day. Not once did she break down, or put her hand up to answer. Surprisingly no one called on her either. She was just a shadow hidden amongst shadows. She was lost. She not once shot me a death glare, or tell me off. She didn't show up for lunch so it officially scared me that she might be having an anxiety attack again.

"Dude, you look like you've just seen a ghost." Blake retorted.

"Oh, hmm.. Yeah okay.."

"What's on your mind?"

"April, I think something has happened to her."

Blake just smirked me.

"What?"

"Oh nothing, just that you actually care about someone other then yourself."