Doyoung

'Aaaaaaarghhhhh' I screamed when I saw the ghost. It was broad daylight. Why are they out now? Everyone was looking at me weirdly. I was the only one who could see them. The ghosts. Or the scary people as I like to call them. I don't know why I was able to see them. It happened after I got into a car accident. And my life hasn't been normal since. I keep getting fired from jobs because I see them everywhere and when I do I can't help but scream. I can't date anyone. They appear during my dates and when I scream my dates usually take it in a bad way and assume I'm screaming at them.

However I've managed to keep one job. I work as an apartment maid. I work in this building which rents out flats to people. I clean the rooms and assist the people living there. I've managed to keep that job, however that's because people see me as the crazy maid lady. I do see ghosts during work but because no one else would take the job I haven't been fired. Also, people just think that I'm crazy and just see things that aren't really there. Although that's not true. These ghosts are really there.

There's this one old lady who's been haunting room 204. So we keep having people move out from that room. I was sent to take care of the room and clear some things out. However, it was 12:00 at night and was really dark outside. I heard the lady and started screaming but someone she spoke to me. She told me to give her son money because he's broke from gambling. She also told me to grab him by the neck and say that if he gambles again she'll come back from the dead and kill him. After I had done that she agreed to leave the room. Almost as if she had found enlightenment of some sort.

That was most definitely a long night. The son and his sisters were fighting over who got that money and I just stood there and watched. I was tired and in no mood to work but I had to take the laundry out. I went up to the roof and saw that it was a perfectly sunny day. Once I was done I sat down and enjoyed the sun for a little while. I felt my eyes getting heavily as I drifted off to sleep.

I was awoke by someone moving my chair into the shadow. It was a guy I'd never seen before. I recognised the faces of all the people who lived in our apartments and his face was too handsome to even forget. He had a soft presence with perfect purple hair. 'I'm sorry. I thought you'd sleep better without the sun in your eyes.' He spoke up. I just bowed my head and said 'thank you'. It was silent for a bit. Until he turned around and stuck his hand out. 'My name is Doyoung' he said. I took his hand and told him my name before we shook our hands. 'I'm the maid here so if you need any help don't be hesitant to ask' I said. His facial expression changed from one of sincerity to one of confusion. 'You're the crazy maid lady?' He asked. 'No I'm not crazy!' I yelled, shaking my arms in the air. He looked taken aback. I realised I must've looked pretty crazy and quietened down. 'Well I'll see you around' he said before going down the roof stairs.

'He must probably think I'm crazy!' I sighed and pouted. 'Why can't I ever make a normal first impression?' I walked down the stairs to my own room and slumped on the sofa. I was waiting for anyone who needed any help but that didn't seem like it would happen in quite a while. So I put the TV on.

'Y/N-ah!' I was startled by the yelling of the lady who owned the building, otherwise known as my boss. She was a nice lady who was also mean and joked about a lot but I didn't mind her. 'You need to go to the store and grab some more groceries for me. I'm making dinner tonight. You can join too!' She said. I groaned noticing it was 10:00pm and getting dark as well. I flung myself up from the couch. She gave me some money and I was out of the building.

I dragged my feet across the pavement, not bothered about whether I'd rip my shoes or not. I got the groceries and headed out the store but it was pitch black. I was walking home slowly, since I was scared and was shaking. I was looking at the floor but could see what was in front of me at the same time. Until a ghost came out of nowhere and surprised me. 'Aaaaaarghhhhhhh!!!!!!' I screamed. I dropped the groceries and hid into my own body. I covered my eyes with my arms and was rocking back and fourth. I felt someone hold me in their embrace. It felt warm and I didn't even bother to look up. I just snuggled my face into their chest and let a few tears out. When they let go I felt lonely again. I turned to see it was Doyoung, and he started picking up the groceries I had dropped.

'You don't have to do that' I said before getting up to help him. 'What were you screaming at Y/N?' He asked looking at me. I didn't want to seem crazy but it was clear that nothing was there apart from the ghosts that only I could see. I just looked down and hummed. 'Ok I have another question. Are you really crazy?' He asked looking straight at me. 'No!' I yelled. He cupped my cheeks and looked at me with concern. 'Are you sick?' I was fed up with these types of questions. I was a perfectly normal girl, who happened to be able to see ghosts. 'I am fine. There's nothing wrong with me!' I said getting up and walking away. I don't know why I was so mad at him. It was my fault for not knowing how to explain my case to people.

He was walking behind me. It would've been nice to think that it was because he wanted to protect me but realistically it's because we're going to the same building.

When I arrived I felt him grab my hand. 'If you have anything you want to say you can tell me. You know that right?' He said looking at me with some concern. I just nodded my head saying 'everything is fine. I just get scared of the dark'. He continues holding my hand and walking up the stairs with me. 'I'm having dinner with owner of the building. You can join if you want'. He nodded his head and we made our way inside. It was nice to know he had my back even though he didn't know what was troubling me so much.

A/N I wanted to do more but it's already too long. 😫😫. However if I get a chance I'll do a second part to this. Also this one is based off the drama The Masters Sun, which is such a good drama. Highly recommend.