{0} Before

A/N

Hey guys, New story! It's a lot different than how I've written in the past, but my writing has improved a lot in the past year, so give it a shot :)

Happy reading! Hope you like <3

(I also changed my username, just a FYI in case some of my previous fans are confused or something)

~~~~~~

She's So Fake

© 2012, imademelaugh

Self publishing

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

This book, She's So Fake, including all chapters and associated content is copyrighted. Any unauthorized reprint or use of this material is prohibited. No part of this book may be reproduced or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical, including photocopying, recording, or by any information storage and retrieval system without express written permission from the author / publisher.

DISCLAIMER:

No copyright intended for the restaurants, stores, products, etc. mentioned in this story.

~~~~~~

This is a complete work of fiction, but it may include some sensitive content.  I don't intend for this story to be offensive in any way.

{0} Before

     I really don't know why I ever went along with it. Or why I never stopped.

     Amelia Grayson--an "average girl, with average grades, an average body, and average looks"--those were her exact words, before she tried to kill herself.

     And I could've prevented all of it.

     Amelia became the school-wide victim of bullying all because she spilled some of our school's infamous beef chili on Kat's favorite outfit in the first month of our Junior year. Kat used to be my best friend, and a prime example of those perfect girls that were so beautiful that you forgot how ugly their personalities truly were. The same could also be said for me, back then.

     After the incident, there was silence, but then everyone started laughing. Somehow, in that moment, everyone forgot how scary Kat could be, and found it tremendously amusing that a girl that was so perfect, so pristine, could look so ridiculous. It was just too hard to resist laughing at a girl who was usually laughing at others. Even Amelia cracked a smile, which was a huge mistake. Kat was furious and terribly embarrassed, but she simmered down for the sake of her social status and the whole student body watching in the cafeteria. Instead, she just flashed Amelia her notorious fake smile (although it turned out to be more of a grimace), and brushed it off, laughing with everyone else.

     I remember grabbing her arm and steering to the restroom, careful not to get any of the chili on my own shirt.

     Outfits were changed.

     Tears were shed.

     Hugs were given.

     And revenge was planned.

    We waited a whole five months before doing anything rash. Kat's little 'incident' went from being 'the most hysterical moment in 'Oakridge Academy history' to 'that little funny thing that happened last semester'. Plus, it helped that all of Kat's friends, including me, gave death stares and slight threats to those who mentioned it.

     On the other hand, Amelia was having a great time at school. Rumors spread about how she did it on purpose, and people were amazed at her 'courage' for standing up to Kat. They literally said 'courage'. Anyways, she was noticed everywhere, and everyone knew her name. And trust me, it was a huge school. This pissed off Kat so much that she became obsessed with getting even. I told her to stop, to let it go, but that agitated her even more.