Catastrophe | Dylan O'Brien

Imagine #19

Word Count: 2300

***

THIRD PERSON:

Four youngsters circled around the coffee table, loud laughter erupting from each and every one of them. It was going on eleven o'clock at night, but the time wasn't stopping the quartet from having their enjoyable moment together.

"Okay, okay. That was a pretty sick move to make on a girl. . .who is actually my best friend." Y/N admits, hoping her comment would make Tyler feel better.

He lifts his arm, his pointer finger going in the direction of the pregnant woman who just took his side. "See! At least someone agrees with my master plan that made you mine."

Holland groans, rolling her eyes at her goofy fiancé. "Alright! I still think that you're stupid as hell though."

Dylan and Y/N laughed at the adorable couple that sat across from them, the two of them playfully arguing. Getting up from her spot, Y/N gathers all the empty cups before making her out the living room.

"Baby, I could've handle those." Dylan's voice makes her pause in her tracks with the glasses shaking in both hands.

She cautiously holds them, mentally praying that her hands would stop trembling. "Relax Dyl, I'm sure a pregnant woman can carry four glasses to the kitchen. So go ahead and choose a movie for us to watch though."

Leaving without further ado, she stalks off into the kitchen. As she begins to place the glasses in the soapy dishwater her hands begin to tremble once more, but she shakes it off. Y/N decides to get some water thinking that maybe it'll help her hands from stop shaking. Her hands grab on to another glass from the cabinet above her, but within seconds it slips from her grasp and shatters on the floor.

"Goddamnit." She murmurs, stepping over the broken pieces to get the dustpan and broom.

Rushed footsteps come closer to the kitchen and in comes Dylan who was currently breathing heavily, his hands placed on his knees. Tyler and Holland followed soon after, both of them standing behind him with concerned expressions.

"What happened? Wait no- don't answer that, I'll clean it up." Dylan steps closer to her, careful not to step on the broken glass by the sink.

Y/N shakes her head, a smile appearing on her face. "It's my mess, and I'm cleaning it up."

Holland's eyes flicker to her hands which were still twitching, but it didn't really catch Y/N's attention as she continued speaking with Dylan. She pokes Tyler's upper arm, pointing to Y/N's hands. His eyes widen once he realizes what she was talking about, his mouth forming a tiny 'o'.

"Hey." Holland pops into the married couple's conversation. "Are you alright there, Y/N?"

Y/N's eyebrows furrow together, slowly nodding. "Yeah. Why wouldn't I be?"

Tyler clears his throat, unfolding his arms. "Well for one, your hands are shaking and it's pretty noticeable. Secondly, you're sweating a lot at this very moment."

Dylan's eyes stare between her hands and face suddenly aware of what his best friend had just mentioned. "Babe, I think you need to sit down and I'll clean up the glass."

"No. No I am tot-"

Her sentence is cut short when her words become jumbled together and instantly, her body collapses to the kitchen floor. Luckily, her fall was a few inches away from the broken sharp shards of glass, but that didn't stop Dylan from running over to his wife.