Unforgettable | Dylan O'brien (AU)

Imagine #13

Word Count: 1768

***

THIRD PERSON:

Sent June 13th, 2017 at 2:03pm
Um I just wanted to see how everything was going

Sent June 15th, 2017 at 8:00am
That last message sounded like a stupid voicemail, my bad

Sent June 21st, 2017 at 10:37pm
Please talk to me

Dylan sighed while glancing at the messages, exiting out the app a couple times, praying that maybe she would just respond. Sadly, his heart broke even more when he knew that she was never going to reply since all she did was leave him on read every single time.

Sitting up in his bed, he figured it would be best to get himself ready for work before he was late again. He couldn't afford lose his job since he was struggling to pay his rent this month.

His feet pad against the cool wood floors of his apartment as he makes his way to the bathroom, in need of a warm shower. Connecting his phone to his Bluetooth speaker, he begins to blast one of his playlist on Spotify before slipping off his boxers and hopping in the shower. The warm water hits his skin, soothing all the stress that currently weighed him down. Singing softly along with the music, he begins to wash his hair then his body, staying in for a few more minutes then getting out. He grasps a hold on the towel that hung on the metal rack beside the shower, drying off a little bit, but leaving some of his chest damped as he wraps the towel around his waist, stalking out the bathroom.

Dylan swings his closet doors open, grabbing one of his white buttoned down uniform shirts and a pair of black dress pants. He went through the same routine everyday and he was starting to get tired of it. After getting dressed, he makes his way to his kitchen, quickly grabbing an apple then heading out the door. He jogs over to the elevator pushing the button a couple times until it opened, giving him a chance to step inside. Luckily, the ride on the elevator didn't take long and he made down to the lobby within two minutes, rushing out the spinning front doors.

A taxi sat waiting on the curb in front of the apartment complex and the out breath young man ran over to the yellow vehicle, knocking on the window frantically almost giving the driver a heart attack.

"Can you take me to Debbie's Diner on Rocky Avenue?" Dylan ask once the elderly man rolls down the window.

The man clears his throat, letting out a cough. "I'm suppose to be waiting for-"

"Please, I will give you forty bucks in return." He begs, making it hard for the older man to say no to the poor young guy.

"Hop in," He nods and Dylan happily climbs into the back seat.

Once he buckles up the driver begins to speed down the busy streets of Atlanta, blurs of people passing throughout the window as Dylan stares out in amazement. About twenty minutes later, the taxi pulls up to the front of the familiar sixties themed diner.

"Thank you so much, enjoy the rest of your day." Dylan smiles, handing the driver exactly forty bucks in return. He gets out slamming the door behind him, making his way into the place causing the little bell above the door to ring.

"There you are, mister!" Mrs. Langley, his boss, shouted with a frustrated look in her blue eyes. "You're going on fifteen minutes late, what happened?"

Dylan lets out a deep breath, nodding. "I know and I'm sorry, Mrs. Langley, it won't happen again. I will even work doubt shifts for a while just to make up for my tardiness."