Chapter 1

Chapter 1

Elsa Winters

"Elsa, honey, hurry up and eat your pizza. It's getting cold already. You wouldn't want to be late on your first day of high school," Mom tells me as I walk towards the breakfast table. "And besides, Anna is already waiting for you outside. She's been ready since an hour ago."

Both of us chuckle. "Oh, Anna, always too excited for everything," I laugh.

"Hey! I heard you," Anna butts in. "You can't keep making fun of me Elsa. Right, Olaf?" She says, petting our dog, Olaf.

"Ruff!" Olaf barks cheerfully, which means he agrees with Anna.

"Hey!" I say as I place my hands on my hips. "That's no fair. Olaf's my dog. He should be on my side, not yours," I joke.

"Well, you can't always get what you want," Anna teases.

"Ha-ha. Very funny, Anna," I say sarcastically. "Just don't tell me that."
"What? It's true. You seem to want to get what you want right away these days. What exactly is going on with you?"

I laugh. "I don't know what you're talking about, Anna. But please. Don't tell me I can't always get what I want."

"Why? Because you want to always get what you want?" Anna teases.

I roll my eyes at my sister. "No. It's because..." I trail off, remembering my last year in the Games. That was the time Katniss and I were talking before we were lifted up by the hovercraft. The time I told Katniss that the Capitol can't always get what they want. I remember the time when it was the eight year of my Hunger Games with Katniss, she used to be the one who said that. And now she seems to not believe in it anymore. It seems to be me now. And I don't know why.

"Elsa? Elsa... Elsa!" Anna calls as she waves her hand over my face.

"What? Huh? Agh!" I gasp, all in one second.

Anna throws a fit of laughter before saying, "you seem to always be in your own little world since the last year of the Games. What did Katniss do to you there? I mean seriously. Did she hit you in the head or something? Cause you seem to be a little mentally disoriented these days. You weren't like this before the last year of the Games, you know."

"Ha-ha. Very funny, Anna," I say and roll my eyes. "I am not mentally disoriented. And besides, I was the one who actually saved you from getting hit by that train in the train station. How can a mentally disoriented person do that? And that was just a month after the Games. Proof that I'm not mentally disoriented," I smirk.

It's true. A month after the Games, my family decided to move out of Panem to keep me safe. They have always been afraid that Katniss and I would come bumping each other again in the Games, and the Everdeens have been a dreadful thing to the Winters ever since. So right now we're living in Arendelle.

Mom laughs at my little argument with my sister. "Elsa, your pizza's getting cold. Go sit down and eat or you'll be late for school. Anna, stop picking your nose."

I snort. Yeah, my sister's already sixteen and she still picks her nose. Have I mentioned she still wets her bed? She's that childish, and it's hard to believe that me and my sister are best friends, considering the fact that I'm very mature and poised like a Queen.

And I have a seriously wrecked childhood.

I mean, seriously! Ever since I was five I have always been thrown into the battlefield with Katniss and a bunch of other tributes from different districts.

Anna's lucky her childhood was about unicorns and rainbows and snowflakes and snowmen.

I wish I had that kind if childhood. Meeting Katniss in the Games has ruined and infected my childhood thinking. Seeing her killing and hunting ruthlessly but skillfully shaped me into an ever scared and too careful but matured and smart person.

Good thing we're in Arendelle right now. Because if I meet Katniss or Peeta or Jack ever again, I'll seriously kill myself.

Like seriously.

+++++++++++++++

A/N

So secret number one was revealed!

The reason why Elsa never showed up in the Hunger Games again was because her family moved to Arendelle to keep her safe!

Hope you enjoyed the first chapter!

Please vote, comment, follow, and show your support!

Next update is when this chapter gets at least 5 votes so I hope you guys vote!

P.S. The next chapter will be in Katniss' POV and you will be finding out why she never showed up at the Games! So please vote if you want another update!

Thanks so much for all your love and support!

Lots of love,

Robin xoxo