Chapter I: Child

— Mommy, mommy! When will I see daddy? — Asked your 5 year old daughter.

She was asking this every f**king day. Does she have a short–term memory loss?!

— How many times do I have to tell you, Jessica? When you will grow up. — You sighed. You were hiding your daughter from her father, who was none other than Laughing Jack.

Yes. At first you were surprised. How could you even get pregnant? Wasn't he made of rubber or plastic? You suspected that he couldn't be a good father. At least not for the underage person. You stayed alerted, you were afraid that the time would come when he'd attack his own child. One day your fear came true... luckily you found your 3 year old daughter strapped to a table, before her father could stab her with a rusty torture device he was holding.

You covered your daughter's body to prevent him from getting near her. You were injured. Injure was serious, it could kill someone who wasn't dead already... he kept stabbing you over and over again, trying to move you out of his way. He reeked of alcohol.

Everything stopped. But it wasn't because he realized what he was doing. It was Slenderman who heard noise and teleported next to him to stop him. He couldn't really stop him, considering that he could teleport as well, but he wasn't letting him near you and your child. Finally he was able to hit Jack hard enough to make him unable to teleport for a while.

— Why her, Jack?! Why her?! She's your own f**king daughter! Couldn't you attack normal kid, or at least Sally? — You screamed.

— He tried to attack Sally too, few times. We stopped him. He can't be completely trusted when it comes to children.

That night, you sneaked away from the mansion. You and your child. You were running away as fast as possible, holding your daughter in your torn up, bloody hands. You were running till you collapsed with exhaustion.

Luckily for you, you were found by an old lady who was walking her dog. You told her that you ran away from abusive husband and you didn't want to call police because he had a cancer and you don't want him to spend his last days at the jail. She was dumb enough to believe you, dumb enough to let the killer inside her house, she needed someone to take care of her... however, that wasn't very stupid decision — even though she treated you like a slave in exchange for shelter, you weren't harming her, you had child, you couldn't attract unnecessary attention.

Years passed. Sleepless years of fear and hiding... years of waiting and humiliation. Your child was growing up and you were getting more and more worried. What if she'd meet her father on her way to school? You assured her that the incident with his father was just a nightmare... but you could never explain why couldn't she see her dad before growing up.