Chapter II: Amusement Park

— Remember, don't get out of the way, never go into the shadow, never stay away from the others, don't trust strangers. Try not to eat outside, especially, candy. No matter what, do not touch candy, even if you're starving. Don't tag along with friends if they plan to go somewhere, like abandoned place or amusement park... don't be afraid that they'll call you coward, if they'll do, just beat them, but not too hard... and they'll shut up.

— Mom! I'll be late! — Jessica whined, — You don't have to repeat that everyday. I'm not stupid, I'm 10 years old already! Alright, I'm out.

Jessica ran away. You wanted to accompany her to the school, but the house owner decided to drown you in chores.

_________________________________________

Sorry but this part will be just about Jessica, because I don't feel like describing how is reader suffering from doing an old hag's laundry, so much that she misses being tortured by Jack. I can't handle too much gore. :'D Seriously, I think it will be boring for the readers too.

_________________________________________

— Jessica! Won't you come with us? — Asked Anna, Jessica's classmate.

— No, I'm going home.

— But we're going to explore an abandoned amusement park. Maybe we can find some free toys there. — Said Andrew.

— Pfft, I'm not interested in childish stuff like that.

— You're a child as well, you're just afraid.

— What?! — Jessica chased after Andrew, who ran towards the ruins of an amusement park.

— You can't catch me here, coward! — Andrew stuck out his tongue.

— You wouldn't run if you weren't a coward, so shut up.

— I just can't hit a girl, but I don't intend to stand still and let you hit me either. But you, you're afraid for no reason. You're a coward!

— I'm not afraid, I just don't want to disappoint my mother. She doesn't want me to walk around.

— See? Mommy's girl blames her mother to hide her cowardly nature. That's even more cowardly thing to do.

Jessica hesitated. She wasn't allowed to follow him, however she was allowed to beat the hell out of him. Well, she could do it tomorrow, but he'd have enough time to spread rumors about her being a coward, then she'll be forced to beat whole school to make them shut up. She'd either end up bullying entire school and being kicked out of it, or being bullied by everyone.

She had to act fast.

She stepped into the gate.

— So, a little coward managed to gather courage, after all.

She punched him till he stopped calling her a coward.

— You're so violent! You're scary! — Anna cried out.

— Shut up! — Jessica yelled, hitting her as well.

— Is that you, Jessica? — She heard the faint voice.

— Who is here? — Asked Jessica. This voice sounded somewhat familiar, yet she couldn't say who it belonged to.

— Jessica... — The voice sang playfully.

— Come out! I don't have a time for hide and seek. — Jessica said, yet she couldn't help but followed the voice, leaving classmates behind on the ground.

Sometimes she was hearing the voice from the left, sometimes — from the right. She was starting to think that it was just a part of her imagination.

She explored almost everything. Climbed the ferris wheel to see who else was there, entered the dark, ragged, crimson spotted tents.

She stared at herself in the cracked distorted mirror, thinking how mad you'd get.

— Welcome back home, Jessica. — She heard.

— What are you saying? This is not my home... this is some screwed up amusement park I wish I'd never visited.

— Oh? You don't remember? You loved playing here few years ago... Say, do you at least remember your favorite toy?

Something fell to the ground with a thud. Weird, there was nothing but mirrors when Jessica entered. Jessica looked around, just to find one eyed, ragged stuffed bunny.

Flashback

— Jessica, look! — The shadowy figure handed her the toy, his voice sounded very familiar.

— Thank you! — She giggled, pulling it's eye out, — Haha! This way it looks more funny, doesn't it?

— Indeed, it does! Wanna stab it with knives?

— Sure, why not!

The End of the Flashback

Jessica dropped the toy and stepped back from it.

— Who are you?!

— Don't you remember me? How could you forget me so easily? — The tall figure stepped out of the shadows. When did he even get there?

— How I'm supposed to recognize you with that heavy makeup?

— I haven't changed at all, silly. Come closer, Jessica, come to your daddy.