IV. What a strange time to be alive

♥️

~This last chapter is dedicated to my dear friend who has supported me throughout this whole amazing journey. Therefore, I am certainly glad to complete this story and to thank you all for reading it. ~

"What an unusual time to celebrate." The sound of crackling fire drained around the darkened room, hot air tingling their uncovered skin. "What an unusual time for a wedding." His eyes kept getting lost in the distance as he breathed out slowly, carefully listening to small crackling sounds. As he breathed out once more, his aching lungs provoked an unexpected ill cough, dominating the silence. His right hand was leaning on the window's surface, all his body warmth mixing with frozen glass resulted in creating a swaddle of steam around his long fingers.

It was around 5 am and everybody was sleeping. Everybody except them. The overwhelming sensations wouldn't let them close an eye, despite them being exhausted. Yugyeom's eyes were half closed yet not sleepy at all. His breath still smelt like alcohol even after washing his teeth twice at Bambam's command. Truthfully, he was feeling dizzy due to shamelessly crossing his limits, although there were no signs of him being drunk.

Yugyeom was only wearing his underwear and a pair of flip flops he used for going downstairs. His flimsy skin was like a canvas where radiant colours united to make a masterpiece. Across the fireplace, thousands of flickering lights enlightened his drowned in darkness skin, combining with enthralling blue shades reflected from night sky. His whole body was a marvel brought from fairytales. His broad shoulders and chest were pulsating under the deathly influence of serotonin.

"I think this is the perfect time for a wedding." Bambam answered, after taking a long time to think about the situation, with defined precision. The older one was wearing a red oversized shirt and black underwear beneath. He was stuck between Yugyeom and the cold window revealing a bewildering scenery. It was heavily snowing across the landscape for the first time that winter. Bambam was purely amazed by each snowflake, falling with speed and sacrificing itself for a pure silver wadding covering the surroundings.

"People usually choose a warmer weather or season like... spring maybe." Bambam's eyes widely opened were continuing to lurk into the blinding crystal void. "However, I believe a hazardous time could bring people together." Bambam added. " Everything happened as they wished, it was a beautiful wedding. A stressful one indeed, for both grooms unfortunately b-but a beautiful one. It got me thinking..."

His voice suddenly changed so Yugyeom looked at him turning around. Their chests were millimeters apart, their warmth and fragrance colliding, becoming one. Bambam was fully charmed by Yugyeom's eyes carrying so many mysterious lights. He felt his own skin aching to touch the other and only the thought of it was driving him crazy. His cheeks flushed red as their eyes met halfway. Bambam tried his very best not to stare at the almost naked body.

On the other hand, Yugyeom seemed very peaceful, looking deeply into Bambam's eyes and getting closer to him. Lifting up his frozen hand from the window, Yugyeom pulled the other into a hug, embracing him so he could get the best out of the moment. The feeling of their skin rubbing was pleasant and nonetheless reviving. Bambam was melting under each particle of organic material, his heartbeat exploding with happiness. It felt unreal, it felt like home.

"I wish I could get closer to you." The shorter one foolishly said. How would he get any closer than this? Yugyeom let go, only to look at Bambam and furrowing in order to let him know he needed an explanation. "I wish I were able to melt like a snowflake..." he then gently grabbed both hands, slowly swinging them around whilst looking at them. "...into your skin, so we won't have to be apart ever again. Because it hurts me so bad, it physically hurts when you're not with me."