Chapter 1: Dream

"Come on Grace we have to leave before mom gets home." My dad said reapitedly, while I packed a few extra things. I didn't understand what was happening.

"Daddy, why are we running away?" I said while zipping up my bag.

"I don't have time to explain, we have to go sweatheart." He said worriedly. He picked me up and grabbed my bag. We heard a car pull up.

"Sweatheart, listen to me very carefully, we are going to hide in the closet, and we are going to be very quite." He said in a loving voice. I nodded my head and we stepped into the closet.

"I know you are here, Grace, Derrick?" She called. My dad started shaking me.

***RING***RING***

It was the school bell, Courteney was trying to shake me wake. I sat up and combed out my hair with my fingers.

"Did you not get much sleep last night?" Courteney asked.

"Ya, I was up all night studying, and I only slept for a little bit, and the little sleep I did get it was full of weird dreams about my dad and mom." I said while yawning.

"Grace, my I speak to you?" Ms. Angela asked me. Courteney grabbed her bags and waved good bye to me while mouthing the words "Good Luck" and then left the room. I walked up to Ms. Angela's desk with my test in hand.

"Are you okay Grace, you seem tried and confused?" She asked me.

"I just didn't get much sleep last night, and the few hours I did they were full of weird dreams of my dad and my mom. But you don't need to worry about me. I finished the test before I feel asleep anyway." I said hoping I didn't ramble to much.

"It's okay. I just wanted to make sure you were okay." She said kindly. "Hurry before your late to your next class." I thanked her then grabbed my stuff and headed out of the classroom. Cole was waiting for me.

"Ready to go to chemistry?" He asked in a sweet vioce.

"Ya let's go." I said, while he grabbed my hand and we headed off to chemistry.

Hello! Hope you like the first chapter! Prepare yourselves for a lot of feels good in this book.