Chapter 4: The Crash

When I got the call I didn't know how to react, me and my mom never really got along and Chad was always so different.

I was sitting on the couch playing monopoly with Jess, it was all going great. Then the phone rang. I went and answered it like normal.

"I am so sorry to inform you but your parents are dead...." The man kept talking but I wasn't listening. I let out a small cry. Jess heard and toke the phone from me.

Tears so many tears came rushing down. I never got to say I  love you, or tell Chad that he was a great step-father. Me and my mom had gotten in a fight last night and I never got to make it right.

Jess was still on the phone I saw her crying her eyes out and trembling while trying to talk.

What were we going to do now. Jess was 19 now, a legal adult. Will I live with her? So many questions were running threw my mind. But all I could hear was the man on the phone. It was ringing in my ears.

My real parents are both dead. My mother will never get to help me pick a weeding dress. She won't be there when I have my kids. She will never meet her grandkids. My kids will never meet their grandmother.

That is a sickening thought so true and sad. I have almost nothing left. Why did all this happen and to me. I am no saving grace, I must be a curse.

Hello! I hoped you enjoyed this emotional roller-coaster as much as I did. Comment ideas for the book! (Sorry it is so short!)