Chapter Thirty Four

November

It was a beautiful day that Saturday, everything was prepared for my wedding that day. I mean there wasn't much to do, only make the food and decorate the opening in the forest. But I didn't have to worry about that, the pack was organising it all, but what I had seen so far was beautiful. It was so beautiful with all the flowers and lights hanging from the trees, I couldn't wait to marry Mason. Mase and I had decided that we would get married on the same stage as the joining ceremony, little did Mase know I would be wearing the same dress as that evening. I was so excited.

Mason had already left the bed this morning before I woke up so he could get the final preparations sorted and here I was laying in bed just thinking everything through, I was so excited to officially be his wife.

"Ember you awake," a knock came at my bedroom door.

"Yeah," I sighed out in response. "Come in."

In stepped Reagan with a bright smile on her face, "Are you ready for your big day?"

I sat up and replied with a huge smile, "I can't wait."

"Good, well we'd better get you ready. So, hop in the shower, you're getting married at three."

"I know, I know," I replied climbing out of bed with the blankets wrapped around me. Last night Mason and I had made love for the last time as just a mated pair this evening we would be married. I scurried to the bathroom while Reagan headed towards the dresser to set up the tools, we would need for me to look good for the day.

The hot shower relaxed me immensely, I just didn't realise how tense I was until I stepped into the shower. I guess my excitement hid the small amount of nervousness I had about the day.

Once out of the shower and dried off I slipped on the ceremonial dress. The feeling of putting on that dress was magical it sent me right back to when Mason and I discovered we were mates and now today I was marrying him.

"Come, sit," Reagan patted the chair in front of her. I slowly Sat in the chair with a robe around me so the dress wouldn't get ruined.

Reagan started to fiddle with my hair, curling it into a half up-do with tendrils hanging loosely around my face. I felt beautiful. "Thank you Re," I sighed happily as I watched her work on my hair.

"It's no problem Nov, you're my best friend. You never have to ask me to help you, especially today."

A little while later I was just finishing off getting ready, when there was a light tap on the bedroom door. My mother stepped through the doors with a bright smile on her face, "Are you ready my darling?"

I took a deep sigh and a wide smile spread across my face. "Never been more so."

"You look absolutely beautiful," she replied as I stood up and made my way towards her. "You're going to make Mason a very happy husband."

She took my hand and lead me downstairs where my father was waiting for me. He grabbed my arm, looping it through his. "Gorgeous," he whispered into my ear.

Peeking outside, I saw everyone from the pack gathered around the stage where Mason and I would get married in a few moments. I could feel my heartbeat pick up speed as we stepped outside into the glorious sunlight. Everyone turned and looked at me as I walked passed them. My eyes flickered up to Mason, where he stood next to his father, who would be officiating the marriage. He was so handsome, my Mason. He was dressed in a pitch suit, with a crisp white shirt underneath that perfectly fit his body. I couldn't wait to make love to him. I felt a twitch in my belly from the babies, they were just as excited as me to be marrying Mason today. I was so ready.