•15•

I wake up to the sound of an annoying giggle coming from a hot pink-haired bitch who's stealing the love of my life. A.K.A: Bella Thorne.

After about 5 minutes of constant smacking lips and soft moans from a make out happening right beside me, I throw on some running clothes, throw my hair into a high ponytail and exit the room in a complete rush. I couldn't stay in that room just listening to that mess.

I stride across the lobby and check my phone. 5:12 A.M. I knew it was early, but not this early.

I walk out into the warm air of the night. I stretch my legs a couple times before putting my earbuds in and beginning to jog. Eminem as I passed some clothing stores, Kanye when I ran past a Starbucks....then Charlie came on.

I hadn't chosen a specific playlist, and I obviously wasn't thinking right when I hit "shuffle." Even the sound of his voice made me want him, his presence, his being. The song stopped me dead in my tracks right in front of a crosswalk.

I stood there for a moment, listening to his swift voice sing his song 'Some Type of Love.'

When the world's on fire, we won't even move
There is no reason if I'm here with you.
And when it's said and done, I'll give me to you.
That's some type of love, that's some type of love...

I listened to the lyrics, a part of my heart aching and wishing he was singing about me. I felt my chest ache and immediately knew who to dial.

"Kristen? Are you okay?" His worried voice questioned on the other line.

My eyes teared up as I contemplated his question. You ever feel like you're gonna cry even more when someone asks if you're okay? That's how I felt.

I shook my head as a car sped past.
"No," I whispered and attempted to swallow my tears unsuccessfully.

I hear some muffled sounds like he sat up in bed.

"Kristen," he comforted, his deeper morning voice becoming lower.
"What's wrong?"

A tear slipped down my cheek and I began to walk back to the hotel. Luckily nobody was around to see me crying.

"I can't take it, Shawn," I cried softly and he shushed me on the other line.

"Shhh, it's okay, Kris," he said quietly.

"It's not okay, Shawn," my voice was quickly becoming desperate and tight.
"I did this, it's all my fault. It's all my fault!" I cried, catching the attention of some late night streetwalkers who ignored me.

"Kristen," he said quietly, yet sternly.
"It's not your fault, okay? Stop saying that. If Charlie truly cared about you or wanted you, he'd respect your decisions. But guess what? He didn't, and you're blaming yourself for no reason."

His soft voice was insistent, drawing me deeper into the conversation. More tears streamed down my face and I hiccuped.

"Kristen," he sighed.
"Please stop blaming yourself...listen to me. You are such an amazing person, and if Charlie can't see that, well it's his loss. Because any guy I know would sure as hell be lucky to have you," his voice trailed off and I smiled sadly to myself at his compliments.

I saw the hotel up ahead.
"Shawn," I began.
"Thank you," I sniffed.

I heard his smile through his voice.
"Yeah, well, you're welcome," he replied and I smiled as I reached the lobby of the hotel.

"Sorry to call you so early," I apologized and heard him quietly laugh.

"Anytime, you need me, I'm here for you, okay?" He asked and I nodded and smiled, though he couldn't hear that.

"Shawn, thank you so much, again," I repeated.

"And tell that son of a bitch Charlie I said hi," he remarked and I laughed as I reached the room.

"I'll be sure to," I replied and heard him laugh softly.

"Bye, Kristen," he said.

"Bye," I whispered when I walked into the room. I checked the time: 6:23 A.M.

By the light coming through the curtains, I saw Charlie and Bella in a tangled mess of bodies in their bed. Her pink hair was tangled and spread out across his bare chest, where her head was resting. I rolled my eyes and ignore the subtle hurt in my chest as I walk into the bathroom to shower.

I wash my hair and body of sweat before stepping out and wrapping a towel around my body. I blow dried my hair, no doubt waking up the happy couple in the next room. But I didn't give a shit, to be honest. I threw on a black and white cold shoulder, jersey-looking top with some ripped skinny jean shorts and my adidas shoes. I straightened my brown locks and applied some natural makeup for the day before the show tonight.

I walk out of the bathroom and see Charlie and Bella sitting on the bed together, sucking each other's faces off. They've changed clothes; it wouldn't surprise me if they helped each other with that. I clear my throat, causing them both to turn rapidly and look at me with wide eyes.

I stood there, holding my suitcase, ready to go, as I stared at the both of them with narrowed eyes.
"I'm ready," I say and Charlie stands up, adjusting his shirt. Bella stands up behind him and avoids my gaze.

"Kristen, can I talk to you?" Charlie mutters and grabs my arm, pulling me back inside the hotel room. He gestured for Bella to go on and closes the door behind her.

"What?" I ask, crossing my arms.

"I'm sorry," he shrugs and looks down.

"Once you can say that while looking me in my eyes like a real man," I begin.
"I might believe it."

His fiery hazel eyes flicker up to my pale blue ones as he licks his lips nervously.
"I'm sorry," he insists and I nod.

"Okay," I say.
"Thank you for the apology."

He cocks his head to the side.
"Is that it? Are we good?" He smiles a little. I flash him a look and roll my eyes, definitely not returning his smile as much as I wanted to.

"Actions speak louder than words," I deadpan, staring into his stern eyes.
"Prove it."

"Prove what? I've already told you I'm sorry," he scoffs and I shake my head, sighing.

"Forget it, Charlie," I say and open the door to leave the conversation.

His muscular arm reaches above me, pushing the door shut quickly and pinning me against it. He stares down at me, his arm still supporting him above my head. I feel small and helpless when I look up and meet his gaze.

"Kristen," his voice lowers. His face slowly inches closer to mine. I feel his breath on my lips and watch as his eyes close, his lips softly grazing my own.

Right before I fall under his spell, I gently push his shoulders away, distancing his body from mine.

"If you think," I begin and he opens his confused eyes.
"That you can fix this mess with a fucking pity kiss, I'm sorry, Charlie."

My eyes narrow and I open the door behind me, my stare never leaving his.

"You're sadly mistaken."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~