5

There were so many choices of food at Tiana's Diner. I stared behind the menu at Jane. I placed down the menu and grabbed her hand. "What are you going to get?" I asked calmly.

She looked up at the waiter. "I'll have the  sirloin steak."

The waiter looked at me. "Make that two." It was such a cheesy thing to do, something you always saw on movies. But once you were in that situation, it actually worked.

The waiter took out menus and walked away.

"What do you say after this we head out and get ice cream from Cindy's?" I suggested. I also spotted Lonnie and Jane hanging out there. I did some research and found out it was a very popular ice cream parlor in Auradon. I always planned on bringing Jane on a date there.

Jane picked up her water and took a few sips.

"How's Dude?" Jane asked. That was always the question brought up between us when no one knew what else to say.

"He's going good, truth funny still hasn't worn off yet...," I said. She sighed. "Jane."

She snapped out of her daze. "What?"

I looked out of the window at the rain pouring down. "Scratch the ice cream," I said.

The waiter came back with two plates of steak. "Thank you," Jane said picking up her fork.

Only minuted later we finished the steak. It was amazing. The New Orleans styled sauce was delicious.

I ha done last piece of steak. "Isn't this good!" I said to Jane. She looked up and started giggling. "What?" I asked confused.

She held her hand over her mouth and pointed down on my shirt. "Your steak," she snorted.

I looked down at my last piece of steak smeared across my white shirt. My white shirt!

I groaned in disbelief and picked up my napkin. I had just finished wiping the rest of the sauce off my shirt when the waiter came asking we he could take out plates.

Jane reached across the table and put mine on top of hers then handed them to the waiter. He set the check down in the center of the table.

"I'll pay," I said grabbing up the envelope before Jane could.

"Carlos," she said trying to grab it back. "You've payed for everything else."

"No," I said. "This ones on me."

"But let me pay for the next one, then," she said.

I couldn't say no to Jane. "Fine," I sighed.

"Thank you." She sat back down in her seat.

The lights flashed on on the other side of the room signaling the show starting. Tiana and Naveen came out on stage. Three more men in tuxedos came out behind them. They stepped up to microphones and started singing.

I reached under the table and grabbed Jane's hand in mine. She looked up at me and smiled, holding tighter.

Time went my so fast. It seemed only second after the song was over Jane was leaving.

"Thank you for everything," she said standing up. She grabbed both Eric my hands in front of her, leaned in, and kissed me on the cheek. Her leg folding up, like a romantic movie.

A warm feeling exploded through my whole body. She let go and grabbed her stuff. "Again, thank you," she said smiling and walking out the door.