Jace?

After we left that place, we never went back. Or saw him again. Mommy said we never would either. I was happy because I didn't like him. He was mean and he hurt me and mommy and everyone else there. We moved to a small house. It was white and had a dark blue roof. I have my own room and so does mommy. My room walls were sky blue and my bed was white with fluffy pillow's. I go pre-school now in the mornings.

          Pre-school is fun. I made lots of friends and played games with them. The first time mommy dropped me off I was sad but my teacher, Ms. Sparks gave me toys to play with and I was happy again. Ms. Sparks was really pretty, with short brown hair, and really nice. Everyone was nice now, not like before. Mommy would go to work while I was in school. Then she would come pick me up and we would go home and play together.

           One day mommy came early to pick me up.

           “Mommy!” I squealed running to her and she picked me up.

           “Hey baby.” She said hugging me.

           “Can you just sign here, Ms. Collart?” Ms. Sparks gestured towards the paper.” It's just a paper saying that you’re picking up Lea early today. We have to keep track of these situations.” After mommy signed the paper we got my bookbag and left.

             “Mommy.” I said as she bucked me into my booster seat in the car.

             “Yes baby?” she walked around the car before sitting in the driver's seat and starting the car.

             “Why did you pick me up during nap time?”

            “We’re going to pick up your big brother.” she quickly glanced back at me.

             “I don't have a brother.” I was confused.

             “Yes you do. You just never met him.”

              We drove for a long time. At first I stared out the window. After the first 30 minutes I fell asleep. Well I did miss nap time so I was sleepy.

               “Hey, Lea baby it's time to get up.” My mom reached across me and unbuckled my seatbelt and putting my shoes back on.

               “ Are we there yet?” I said rubbing my eye and stepping out the car.

               “Yeah, come on.” She grabbed my hand and we walked towards a house. The house was medium sized with the number 455 written in black letters on the door. It was an ugly mix of brick and a pink roof which the paint was chipping off of. The door was a dark green and the paint was chipping off that too. My mom knocked on the door.

               “What ?” A lady with a pink robe and cans in her hair was smoking a cigarette as she opened the door.

                “Are you Jehovah witnesses? Because I will call the police for trespassing.”

                 “I’m Cora. We talked on the phone earlier.

                 “Oh, i'll get the boy right now.” She gave us a forced smile before spinning around and slamming the door in our faces.

                We waited for 10 minutes before the lady opened the door, still smoking, and stepped aside. Behind her a boy stepped out. He was tall and tan, with golden brown eyes and short dark brown hair.