Valentine

“Where am I?” After I went through the bright door, I was in a city that I didn't recognize.

       “I want to go home. Now!” No one would answer my questions. The people that came and got me from the airport took me in a car. We drove for a long time before coming to the woods, then we got to a bright light that hurt my eyes. The light was like staring into a light bulb. They walked me to the light and I looked up at one of them.

              “Go.” He said looking down at me and nodding. I stepped through and I wasn't in the woods anymore. I was in a building.

            “What am I doing here? Im supposed to be at school.” They spoke to each other glancing at me from time to time. Finally a lady crouched down in front of me.

          “This is Idris and we are Shadowhunters. You are also an Shadowhunter. We brought you here so you can train and learn how to protect yourself and mundanes. Come with me and we'll get you settled.”

          I was confused but since she was the only one trying to explain to me I reached up and took her hand as she led me through the twisting hall hallways.

         “Wait here.” She left me in the hallway on a bench as she knocked on a door before walking in. I was getting bored so I got up and walked away. I meant to go back but I got lost so I couldn't.

            “Hi!” A boy with brown hair and grey eyes came running up to me.

             “Hi.” I was feeling a little shy so I avoided eye contact and stared at the marble floor beneath me.

              “I’m Adam 13, how old are you? 8?” His grey eyes were big as he looked down at me. He was tall like when I met Leo.

            “No i’m 10.”

            “10! No way you so tiny.”

             “I’m just short.” Everyone said I was tiny and it got kinda annoying because just because I look younger than I am doesn't mean you should treat me younger than I am.

            “Well I guess you'll grow.” E said shrugging his shoulders. “You want to play with me?” He looked hopeful. I wondered if he had friends.

             “What's your name? You never told me.” I was gonna answer before I heard someone shouting.

             “Adam! Have you seen a little girl around here? She has curly blond hair and is pretty short by Shadowhunter standards. Oh! There you are Lea. Why'd you run off? I told you too wait.” Her eyebrows creased and the sides of her mouth turned down in disappointment. I couldn't help notice that Adam moved closer too me.

                “She was just playing with me. I didn't know she was supposed to wait.”

                “Oh, well she has leave now. Come on Lea i’m going to show you where you'll be staying.” She reached a hand towards me and I grabbed it.

                “Where will she be staying? Why isn't she staying with her parents?” Adam looked confused.

               “Oh Lea will be staying at the orphanage near your house Adam. Her mother died and her father isn't a shadowhunter.” She said briefly before leading me through the halls once again. She was walking pretty fast and I could barely keep up with her long strides but just before we turned a corner I looked back at Leo and saw him smiling waving at me.