Chapter Six: Growing Hearts

A few days passed normally (or as normal as you can get on Mewnie), with the same routine that happened the first night happening every night. Marco was happy. He and Star sat together at breakfast and exchanged stories they had made up, played around on the castle grounds during the day, and had their secret little meet-ups at night. Star, of course, still had a crush on Marco, and it had only been getting bigger as the days went on. One night, she decided to tell him this. Marco thought for a moment then replied, "I've always had a crush on Jackie, but she's not mine anymore, so that feeling's gone. I... I... I also have a crush on you." They both looked at each other for a bit, each frozen looking at the other, until Marco realized that it was getting really late. He went in for the usual kiss on the cheek, but Star had started moving at the same time, so their lips brushed together for a split second. They both pulled back, looked at each other, blushing, and went to bed. The next night, the same thing happened, but they held it a bit longer. The next night, they didn't even cover it up with the cheeks, they just kissed, and they didn't care about anything else but each other. It wasn't for long, and it was just a lips-touch kiss, but they were together, and that's what mattered. That went on for a couple more nights, and then it was the day before the ball, so Star and Marco had to go get their outfits. Marco went with what looked like his Blood Moon Ball outfit, but white and without the skull mask. Star's dress was white with gold-lace patterns stitched into it and golden shoulders. They both thought the other looked stunning, and told each other once they got a bit of time alone. They went to bed that night happier than ever.