Chapter Seven: The Shining Star Ball

The dynamic duo woke up on the day of the ball, ate breakfast while holding hands under the table, and went back to their rooms to get changed for the ball. The night before, Marco has secretly met with Queen Moon and decided the name of the ball: The Shining Star Ball, named after, of course, Star herself, since she was the one who defeated Toffee. Star and Marco met up in the grand hall, where the Ball was taking place. The two linked arms and walked on to the floor, where Star saw the ornate sewn banners bearing the name of the event. She made a note to herself to kiss Marco twice as long that night. Then, Moon, in her dress, stood up from her seat in the alcove built into the wall and began to speak. "Let us all raise our glasses to Star Butterfly, my daughter, who single-handedly defeated Toffee. To Star!" Everybody else, excluding Star, raised their glasses and repeated "To Star!" The masses brought down their drinks, took a sip, and began to move towards the outside when the music began to fade into existence. Moon got up again and spoke "Star shall have the first dance. Star, I assume you have found your partner?" "Yep, the best one I could have asked for," replied Star, tugging on Marco's arm. The two made their way into the middle of the floor, linked hands, and started dancing to the music. It sounded suspiciously like the music from the Blood Moon Ball, but the two loved it nonetheless. After the song ended, another song started to play, and Queen Moon gave the rest of the dancers permission to go out onto the floor. Star and Marco stayed together the entire time, and even snuck a kiss or two when nobody was looking. The ball ended with River and Moon dancing on the floor, and the two went back up to their rooms, after "saying goodnight" of course, and went to sleep. But the story does not end here, folks. It has only just begun.