Letter 5

Dear Ryder,

I asked Summer a question today: Is it possible to love someone too much?

Because I loved you to my breaking point; to the point where seeing you with some other girl made my stomach physically ache.

And I wish you would just tell me how you  feel instead of me trying to figure it out. Because I don't know what to think when we're up until 3am talking and the next day you're ignoring all my calls and texts. I don't know what to think when one moment you're here with me, telling me that everything will work out and I'll be okay and the next you leave me all alone. I don't know what to think when I have you for one moment and the next you're gone.

And no one gets it, you know? Loving someone who doesn't love you back is one thing. Loving someone who you think loves you back, then finding out that they never did is a completely different thing. It crushes you. You think everything is great, and you're finally happy, just to have everything ripped out from underneath you. It hurts like hell, and you'll never really get it until you experience it.

And you can't tell people that you're not okay, because it's hard to watch them not knowing what to say. And then you end up comforting them, when it was you who needed the comforting.

Me falling in love with you was unexpected, and it's the best kind of love. You don't just pick someone and cross your fingers that it'll work out. I met you by fate, and the connection was instant and right above my head. We talked, and I noticed the way the edge of your lip curls when you smile and the flecks of brown in your eyes and all at once I knew that I'm lucky or I'm screwed.

******