Letter 6

Dear Ryder,

Who is she to you, Ryder? Why does she mean so much to you that you're ready to do anything for her?

You say she's just your best friend, but so am I. Then why don't you look at me like that? Why don't your eyes light up when you smile at me? Why don't you give me that cheesy grin? Why don't you care Ryder?

I'm trying. Oh God, I'm trying so hard to be enough for you, but I'm not. I'm just not.

In fact, I'm not enough for anyone.

I promised Summer that I'll get over you. I promised her that I won't go back.

But I did.

I went back, just to see if you finally cared. I went to that place where I had first felt your burning gaze on me. I went back to the coffee shop I saw you in. I went back just to see if, one last time, you'd start caring.

And you didn't.

It's okay tho. It doesn't matter. She's the one you want, the one you've always wanted. She makes you the kind of happy I don't think anyone else could, even when you don't have her.

She makes you the kind of happy you make me.

Your friends told me that you think of me as a kid, Ryder. I don't know what to say. You might've treated me as your equal, but do you really think of me as one? I may be younger to you, but I'm not a kid, Ryder. I know if pain. I know of the struggles.

So, Ryder, I guess this is it. I'm never enough, not for you, not for my friends, not even for my parents.

It's only a matter of time before even the strongest heart breaks.

Yours, Brooklyn

******

I'm so sorry, I know this chapter sucks:(( I just feel like nobody is enthusiastic about this book. I don't know why I feel that way, it's just how I feel.

Anyways, don't forget to vote and comment.

                                                  xx Brooke