Max

Max's POV 

It was the first day as a teacher. Finally, after aspiring to work at the same school as my grandfather, I finished my studies up in UC Berkley. As I parked my car and let the engine die down, I looked around at the new school. I knew this is what I was working so hard to achieve. The day has finally come, all the hard work and extra courses I took have paid off. If he were still alive, I know he would be proud of me. I opened the car door and walked towards the teachers lounge. Chuckling while glancing at the quad, the students were obviously catching up with one another. Ah, to be in highschool. I reminisced

I sat down on the table next to the coffee machine and saw it being fixed. I frowned and looked down, then raised my eyes to see a woman with curly blonde hair meet mine. "You must be the new guy, " she said through her teeth while smiling. She purposefuly bent down a little more, allowing me full-frontal vision to her cleavage beneath her white button-up blouse. Feeling my protruding hard on made me frustrated, I was giving her exactly what she wanted. Recomposing myself, I met her eyes and said, "Max," while raising my eyebrows. "Well, Max, we're going to be seeing a lot of each other here.. I'm Abbie" she winked at me while swaying her hips before me.

She stumbled purposefully and lay her hand on my thigh, a bit too close to my pulsing hard-on. She looked at me and smiled, "If you need anything, I'm right here". I scoffed at her remark, nudging uncomfortably in my seat. "Done!" the engineer fixing the machine exclaimed. Giddily, I shot up to the coffee machine and proceeded to pour myself a glass of coffee. There only seemed to be funny looking, ornate glasses in the lounge. Shrugging, I stirred in a spoon of sugar and relaxed. Before I got too comfortable though, the bell rang. The teachers around me quickly proceeded to get up, and hurried on their way to class. Looking down at my schedule, I saw I had a lesson to teach now. "212.." I mumbled to myself aloud.

"Ah, that's right across my class. Follow me," Abbie said. In a hazy blur, we passed through corridors full of rushed teenagers, each on their way to class. After walking for a minute or two I found myself before my new classroom. "You're a lucky guy, they gave you the room with the biggest closet," Abbie proclaimed. "Well, thanks again," I told her while scoping out my new classroom. "Anytime!" she yelled out after me. Calming down, I lay my bag down on my desk and pulled out a marker for the board. Ugh, control yourself. You just had sex last week. I told myself, while scoping outside the window to see Abbie waving at me from the classroom across.

Shrugging my shoulders, I reveled in the huge chaos that bursted in the class. With the glass of coffee in my hand, I proceeded to write my name out on the board. "Quiet down everyone!" I retorted. "How old are you?" a girls voice cried out. Laughing, I told her that I was twenty two. "Isn't that a bit young??" I then heard a male's voice exclaim. Ignoring his comment, I turned around to face my class. I took a sip from my coffee before setting it down on my desk. And then I saw her.   Failing to keep my composure while sipping from my coffee, I felt the warm liquid proceed down the wrong air pipe and started choking. Obviously startling her, Essena looked right up at me. Her eyes widened and I could tell she was as shocked as I am. Shocked you lied to me? I thought. 

How in the world am I going to pull off this lesson now..

 Clearing my throat, I decided I would continue this lesson regardless. I can't throw all my hard work away like this. No, not like this. She's in high school for christ sakes. The hard on I thought had left me was back harder then ever after seeing Essena. Flashbacks of the night I spent with her in my old apartment were playing in my head. Her lacy pink bra..that pressed a bit too hard on her soft skin.. and then releasing it and cupping her breasts in my hands.. I shook my head and looked back at the class. "So our first topic of the year will be poetry," I said, looked down at my lesson plan. 

After 45 excruciatingly long minutes, the bell blared between the walls. I heard the students rush out and noticed Essena was still frozen in her seat. I proceeded to walk up to her desk, and tapped it slightly with my fingers. Her gaze met mine, and my jaw clenched a bit. Why is this happening to me. "Hi-" Essena whispered to me. "I think you owe me a lot more of an explanation than hi" I told her, my eyebrows clenched together in annoyance. She lied to me. How old is she even? Sixteen? Seventeen? "I have nothing to do except apologize..not for what happened, but from what I didn't tell you.." Essena explained. Looking down at her sorrowful eyes, I felt my chest tighten. God, no, she can't have this effect on me.

"Sixteen? Seventeen?" I asked her while drawing in a breath. "Somewhere in between?" she answered me half-heatedly while pulling a strand of hair behind her ear. She looked so cute doing that. God, Max, composure! "You know that if anybody knew! If I- You- My Job!" I started quietly yelling to her. She fidgeted uncomfortably in her seat, avoiding my eyes. "I'm sorry Max - I mean Mr. Astorian.. I didn't know.." She whimpered. Sighing, I grabbed my bag from the table and rushed out of the classroom. I needed to think.