I just want you to know who I am

Max's POV

I definitely felt like the authoritative figure here. I rolled my eyes as I drove around in circles, with Essena sound asleep in the passenger's seat. First off, there were so many things wrong with this picture. How could she be so immature, and let herself get so drunk? And what, is bar-hopping at sixteen just her thing? Was I just a part of one of her many encounters?

Pursing my lips, I continued to circle around the blocks surrounding the bar. I couldn't take her home, that would raise too many suspicions with her parents. Taking her to my house would give off the wrong impression. I irritatingly let out a long sigh, and pushed my hair back. I took a glimpse at her sleeping face beside me. She looked so peaceful, I just couldn't bare to wake her. It just has to be me taking care of her, doesn't it? 

Contemplating my options, I realized there weren't many and that my gas would run out in less than an hour at this pace. Without any other choice, I pulled into the parking lot of my new apartment. Sadly, I had school tomorrow, and I needed to get some sleep. It made me think whether or not she acknowledged that before her wild night. 

I carried her upstairs and felt her softly moan as I climbed up each stair to my apartment. I hushed her and lay her down carefully on my bed when I got inside. She shivered at the breeze blowing in from the open window in my bedroom. I carefully slid off her heels and pulled the covers over her. She grabbed them and immersed herself into a deep sleep; like a butterfly cocooning itself into its cocoon for a deep period of hibernation. She looked so angelic the way she drifted off into sleep, she let out soft and slow breaths; and then stabilized her breathing as she fell asleep all at once. Pulling my eyes away from the falling and rising of her chest, I made my way to the bathroom to clean myself up. 

After taking a shower, I dressed myself with a black t-shirt and blue, plaid, boxers out of my drawer. I let out a sigh of relief, now at least I smelled like my after shave and not alcohol. I looked down at the way she stretched out comfortably on the whole bed and decided to let her sleep comfortably. I grabbed a green fleece blanket from my drawer and made my way to the couch. As stressed and worried as I was, I fell asleep in moments. It wasn't until I heard a small crash in the morning that I awoke.

Startled, I awoke to a swift sound that boomed from my bedroom. It sounded like two trains had collided and smashed into a million pieces. I jumped up and ran to my room, only to see that Essena had pushed my alarm clock off of the nightstand to the floor. There were muffled, broken, ringing sounds coming from it as it was slowly dying down on the ground. Then I realized it was early. I had school. Shit. 

Essena looked up at me with wary and confused eyes. Then she looked down at the clock and opened her mouth to apologize but I stopped her. "There's no time to talk. Just, get yourself together. I need to get to school," I sternly told her. And with one swift movement grabbed the jeans off the top of my drawer and pulled them on. I ran to the bathroom to brush a toothbrush over my teeth and quickly saw my way out.  Rushing into my car, I revved up the engine and sped out of the parking lot. I had no time to deal with this, or take care of this. Then why did I care so much. I shook the thought away and pressed down harder on the gas pedal of my car.