chapter 1

Epilogue.

Harry's POV

I’d never really considered death. To me, death was something that happened to people around me. My grandmother in the nursing home, who’d I’ve only visited once, so no big loss there. Anne Styles, my mother, murdered. Not to mention countless others, people whom I might know except in passing.

i just never would have thought that she would be in danger of suffering the same fate so soon.

Briana's POV

Beep, beep, beep

Darkness heavy sedated darkness. The smell of dust and sterile wipes the kind doctors use. Secondly I sense a sound It pulsated at intervals too fast for me to count, but I could hear the humming pulsating, which made me think it was a fan of some sort. I want to cry but my brain can’t physically process anything right now, it’s strange I can think but I can’t action my thoughts. My movements are very much involuntary but my thoughts are more than voluntary. I hear sobbing and someone asking things I cannot hear or understand properly some are just mumbles of incoherent sounds flying around the room like ghosts. I'm now starting to hear the people around me. Everyone was staring at me and I could feel it, but I couldn't open my eyes to look at them. I hear the familiar voices of my loved ones talking about my every movement like it was a miracle. "LOOK! She moved her finger!" someone would say. "I wonder if she can hear us?" someone else would ask. Then I heard him, my rock, my every thing. my head is swarming with thoughts.

I don’t believe in God or anything right now. Will that punish me in the afterlife? Will the universe torture me forever? Tears are rolling out of my eyes and I think that is the only action I am completely aware of with my body.

"Yes, she can hear you." he told them grabbing a hold of my hand. And at that moment I relaxed because I knew as long as he was there I was safe and everything would be ok.

Harry's POV

The team of doctors worked around the bed. My stomach flipped. I resisted the urge to be sick and started to turn away, but something stopped me. I looked down at Brees fingers wrapping around my very own. Tightly.

It made my stomach churn but I didn't let go of her hand.

The doctors told me its like sleeping, only you can’t wake up.