chapter 6

Brianas P.O.V

I was leaning against the computer desk in the emergency department. The room was mostly empty, with a patient or two waiting for x–rays and stitches. The whole evening had been slow and my eyes were drooping as a few of the doctors droned on about a patient up in the ICU.

“Brianna, you’re not falling asleep there are you?” Lottie asked.

I looked up at the nurse as she walked around the desk, and sat down opposite me. I gave her a smile, “I’m trying not to.”

She chuckled. I glanced at the clock. “Your mum’s shift should be finished soon. So you don’t have long to wait.”

“Thank god.” I groaned and slumped on the desk. My hair fell over my forehead and I blew it out of my eyes. Lottie laughed again.

It was already three o’clock in the morning and my brain was fuzzy with sleep deprivation. I had finished the research component for my school assignment ages ago, but it was already too late then for Dad to come pick me up, so I was stuck here, on the first floor of the Tweed Hospital. Told to sit still, be quiet and not interfere.

I looked up as I heard shoes squeak against the floor. My mother was walking towards me. "briana dear im sorry but i got caught up again i need you to call your father and tell him he is going to have to pick you up, if not your going to have to catch a cab." i stood there and internally groaned at the new found information.

"forget it i will just walk, it will take forever to get a cab." throwing my hands to my sides in frustration.

"alright, alight  just please be careful its late."

"yes mum." and with that i left the hospital.

Perries P.O.V

i laughed and through my head back jumping up and down and screaming the words of some shitty pop song that was booming through the speakers of the house. it was Friday night and yet again i was drunk off my ass. i took another swig from my plastic cup of god knows what and walked out of the house and onto the front lawn.

as i took in my surroundings i noticed Briana? no it cant be, ha. "Briana." i shouted at the top of my lungs. she looked around until she spotted me.

Brianas P.O.V

as i was walking kicking the gravel of the pathway, someone had called out my name from one of the houses that was blaring music and what smelt of pot and alcohol mixed with vomit, i looked up and noticed it was Perrie who called out my name which i thought was odd, i didn't think Perrie was into this sort of thing.

"hey." i said before i looked back to the ground and started walking away again.

"wait." i heard her call so i looked up again. 'come inside i want you to meet a few people.'

"i really don't think-" before i could finish i was being dragged into a house full of sweaty, hormonal teenagers.