chapter 5

Brianas P.O.V

I quickly took a seat just before class started. I could still taste my lunch in my mouth after a very boring recess break. I jumped down in a seat next to Perrie who was talking to a by i have not met before who was covered in tattoos. Perrie smiled at me as i took my seat and introduced to Zayn, the boy who she was talking with.

A sudden knock on the door interrupted me from my work.

“Good morning Mr Anderson, I caught Harry here, walking off school grounds when I was under the impression he was meant to be in your class,” Mr Bates, the school principal, said rather pompously.

Anderson looked up over his glasses, “how nice of you to join us Harry, please be seated.”

A boy walked around Mr Bates and into the room. I recognized his tall gait, scruffy hair. And sunglasses. As he walked passed I couldn’t help notice almost all of the girls eyes follow him to the back of the classroom to where he sat down.

“Who’s he?” I asked Perrie noticing her gaze of desire as he walked past.

“Harry Styles,” she snubbed, trying to hide her attraction.

“What’s with the sunglasses?” I asked

She turned back swiftly, “Probably another hangover.” She pursed her lips. "i saw him with yet another girl last night he fucked her im sure."

"oh." was all i had to say a little shocked really at this new found information and Perries sudden outburst of language.

"omg." Perrie exclaimed

i was quick to reply and snap my attention back to her. 'what?"

she nudged smirking, “You like him!” she whispered. "its ok, i totally get it i did too but we were friends but that didn't stop us." she finished with a wink. i don't get it though Perrie did have that 'bad girl' look to her but it doesn't match her personality. she seems to sweet.

We both looked up as Mr Anderson cleared his throat and the whole class quietened down.

“Harry, glasses off please?” the teacher requested.

I looked back and watched as the dark haired boy groaned and pulled the frames from his face. He chucked them on his desk and lent forward on his elbows to shield his eyes with his hands. Presumably from the fluorescent lights.

I stared at him for a moment longer until he looked up. I felt my eyes widen as he looked straight at me. Whether it was the shock of how green his eyes were, or at how much he looked like he was about to throw up, I quickly looked back to the front of the classroom. He did look hungover. But wow, I mouthed, was he good looking.

no bree, no he is not your type. my subconscious kept telling me.

 ~~~

“Do you want to come, Briana?” My mother asked over her shoulder as she disappeared into the kitchen with the dinner dishes in her hands.

I thought about joining her on her shift at the hospital tonight. I was kind of apprehensive about it.

“Do I have to stay the whole shift?” I asked.

“If you want to get the right research for that paper you will have to,” I heard her voice drift out of the kitchen.

I slumped on the dining table. Stupid science and school. I hated the subject and the prospect of attempting to do the long assignment on a Friday night didn’t appeal.

“But it’s not due till the Friday after next,” I raised my voice hopefully.

She came out of the kitchen with a cloth in hand and began wiping down the table.

'brrreee." she dragged out my name.

I groaned again, “Oh do I have to?” I begged. She straightened from bending over the table, “It would be a good experience for you, Besides,” she said after a brief hesitation, “you can come and see where I work.”

i sighed, accepting defeat.